Kawasaki World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Good to be here I read several threads looking for this answer rather than posting an allready asked question.

I have a 96 Vulcan 1500 classic with a carb that may be ready for retirement. The plastic piece where the fuel line seems to be broken beyond repair.

Question will a Cv carb from a 2000 Vulcan work? It looks the same and even the schematic looks the same but the 2000 has some wires not seen on my carb.

Thanks in advance for any insight ya'll can provie and thanks for the reads I allready made.

Neil

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bike Bandit shows OEM parts diagrams. I went there to look at the difference between the 2 carbs. I don't see any wires on the 2000 model carb, maybe you should pull it up and take a look. My thinking is that the 2000 carb will work on your 1996.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Since H-D is part Japanese parts... Head over to a Harley dealer, ask for a brass fuel intake fitting for the Keihin type carb. Say back in 1999 or before.

1. File the plastic piece flat so you can take numbered drills, thin the walls down by changing out drill bits. You need the walls thin so they can collapse inside or cause it to wrinkle away from the carb's wall.

2. More like using an easy-out bit once you have enough material removed.

3. Since the brass "L part" is a tapered end that is going to have a press fit, you need to make sure you match the angle of the old plastic fitting. YOu do not want to twist the brass once you tap the L nipple home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts