Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking this again. Anyone tried running a Muzzy or other 9r can on a 12r? There isn't any difference in the exhaust cans are there? I would think it would work, but I don't want to restrict the bike.

Have a mint Akro full SS system in it now. I LOVE the soy d of Muzzy so I want to get one. Can't ever find a new one for the 12r. Closest has been a 9r.

Looking forward to hearing responses...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
im literally running 300+hp through a yosh slip on, it has maybe a 2 1/8in or 2.25in outlet. you will be fine.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea, is it specifically for a Zx12r though? I am wondering if the flow characteristics are different? I was going to use the 9r can on the 12r.

And I guess the question is, does it even matter which can you use as in made for a 9r, Zx10r, etc?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,262 Posts
My Akrapovic muffler is from a GSXR1000

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
If you're just wondering about the stock end cans then-No a zx-9r one won't fit. The zx-9r one is a 3 bolt mounting and the zx-12r one is 4 bolt mounting.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Steve.

A bolt on would be stock header, I have an Akrapovic system. I am speaking of slip on exhaust can.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Most manufactures make a universal end can and just put different inlet bores on to suit. they all do the same job. Mines a Scopian i think the only bit thats made for the bike is the the four bolt end fitting other than that it a generic can. There is a few end cans that are made a specially for one bike but they will have the dyno printout to show.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts