Kawasaki World banner

A bit more power!

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Ninjaguy23 
#1 ·
The wifey loves her black 09 250R. Her skills have improved greatly in the past month or so. I sent her to the MSF with very limited biking skills to get her license. Now she wants more power out of her Ninjette. She does not want or is ready for the 600 just yet.
What can I do to coax up a little more juice & not cost me big $??

Thanks!

#2 ·
an older 500 ?

#4 ·
Ninja 650. They're super easy to ride. Got my wife an '06 model as her very first bike and she loves it. More than enough for her.

All you can ever do is get "a bit" more power out of a 250, unless you go crazy with it. If she's bored with it at 30hp, she'll get bored with it at 35hp.

#6 ·
Good point on the power situation. We just got the 250R, her first bike. She absolutely loves it! She is very short 5' 1" 110lbs. so we lowered it 3" and it fits perfect now. I think the 650 would be way to big & heavy for her.
I'm thinkin of a couple of bolt-on goodies for now. Any suggestions to squeeze out a bit more power??

#7 ·
If your mostly on city streets and a little hi-way, then maybe drop a tooth on the counter sprocket. Better acceleration from a dead stop. Quicker through the gears. Less than 20 bucks.

If the little 250 has to pass emissions to get in the states then you could do a jet kit for the carbs. Passing emissions would mean the bike is running very lean. Jet kit may give you a couple horsepower. And that would be without doing anything to the exhaust. A jet kit for that bike would be very cheap.

This would put a little extra snap in the 250!

cmg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.