Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short. I bought a 530 150 link chain from a reputable"Internet Shop" for my 12 that was getting a 6 inch Stretch. Upon installation it would not fit through the sproket cover when the shop tried to put it on. ( I watched) Bike shop mechanic said wrong chain, you should have got a 525 150 link. I went to Dealership parts house and bought a 525 150 link. Came back, and it goes on fine, rides great. I emailed "Internet Shop" and explained to them the scenario, and they tell me "change bike shops, your bike will pop that 525, and it does not fit your sprocket, it could jump sprockets and get me killed."
I dont think either Internet Shop or Bike Mechanic has an axe to grind. I didnt even buy the second chain from the shop where it was having the installation done. Internet Shop is just offering advice in regaurds to safety...

So whose right? Is my 12 gonna pop the 525 and possibly injure me? Did bike shop just not go about the installation of the 530 right? Is there that much of a difference between a 530 and a 525 to cause the chain to pop?
:puzzled:

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Your 2000 ZX12 comes with the chain DID50ZVMX stock which is a 530 chain.

530 is much stronger than a 525 and the best way to go with big torque and horsepower. I just installed the DID530ZM2 chain from the SUPER STREET X2 ring at the bottom. ;)

·
Banned
5,436 Posts
Stick with 530

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Also I forgot to add to never use that bike shop again. They don't know anything about sportbikes obviously. Let them work on cruisers. Seriously man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts