Kawasaki World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon I went for a blast on the GardenStateParkway to North Jersey...

I am minding my own business cruising along at 90mph around exit 155 and all of a sudden I see a blue car on my right, I have no mirrors so I never saw him coming!!!...I look to my right and this guy with his girl in the car has a smile on his face and he's driving a Blue with White striped Viper GTS!!!...He takes off, I down shift to 3rd and blast after him I am on him in a instant!!!...Waiting for a clear straight away, theres the straight I peel to the right and whack the throttle and pass him and bringing it up to 160 then letting off and waiting for the Viper!!!...He pulls up next to me giving me the thumbs up, then motions for me to pull over and we did!!!

I stop behind him, I get off the bike and he and his girl get out walking over with smiles...I take off the helmet and he says nice license plate ( BLUBYE ) and says I thought that you were on a 600!!!...He said thats why I was smiling at you because I have beat a few 600s!!!...I told him the 12 has the big back wheel!!!...So we were BSing for a few minutes and then I did my 2nd gear hole shot for him as I was getting back on the highway!!!...He gets up next to me and says that he has to get one of those 12s!!!

It was a GOOD DAY!!!

CrotchRocket

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
I had a guy at the dyno drags a few months ago think that my ZX-12R was a ZX-7. :shock: I shoulda asked him if he wanted to race! :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Hey CR, any chance that guys name was Joe ??? I know a guy that's big into the diesels and also has a GTS Viper, same colors with out of state plates ( I think they were Ohio). I met him at a dyno run (trucks) last year. He put the Viper on the dyno when we were done with the trucks, it ran at 455 RWHP ( not stock). Since there aren't that many Vipers on the road, could be one in the same ? He's from down in South Jersey, guessing the freehold area.

Regardless, cool story 8) .

Scott W.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, the guy was cool...Usually they dont want to be friendly after they get their ass kicked!!!

Big, the guys name was Steve and his girls name Maria, he said the motor was stock but had intake and exhaust...

Jen, I was thinking that myself...His girl was a Hottie!!!...I would have taken her for a ride!!!

CrotchRocket

·
Registered
9,974 Posts
I had a Viper come up beside me and want to run as well...only I
didn't have my 12 with me....hahaha...only my 1000hp street rail.

When he took off I waited until he about an 1/8 mile ahead, then I
let her rip....damn, I love this shit!!!!

·
4,208 Posts
Very Nice Crotch.........Hey drop me a call when ya get a chance tomm....and By the way THANX .....Tainiu has been practicing those HOLESHOTS!!!....Brian

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Only one car has tried to race me on the 12 to date.

I was sitting on Lincoln at a light, minding my own business, and I sense a car slowly pull up to me in the left lane, but very quietly, and slightly back from me.

The cross traffic light turned yellow, and I hear a turbo spooling up.

I take a quick glance over my shoulder, and there are two slightly grey mid fifties gentlemen sitting in one of the nicest Buick GNX's I've seen in a long time. I mean REALLY clean.

Within about 1/2 second, I hear their back tires start to break loose from the power-brake, and I start to smell rubber.

The light turned green and they were off, fast.

I decided to have some fun with them and just kept the bike along side them for a short distance.

Its a long straight road and I could see no cops ahead (plus I know where they sit), so I nailed it, hit second, and opened it up wide.

I shut down about 110 (yes, I could still hear the turbos spooling), with the GNX a respectable 5 or so car lengths behind me.

Once I got back down to the legal speed, the GNX very methodically creeps alongside, I look over and the guy in the passenger seat smiles at me and nodding his head gives me an enthusiastic thumbs up.

Nice guys, really cool car, and really fast bike. Its all in a days ride... :wink:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey 238, I dont know why any car would mess with that!!!

EP...Why arent you practicing the HOLESHOTS???...By the way, you guys better order the Billet Baskets if your gonna be Doin Da HOLESHOTS!!!

CrotchRocket

1 - 15 of 15 Posts