Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radiator sprung a major leak today. I took it off to get a look at it. I'm thinking about taking it to a local shop that does work on aluminim radiators.
Here are some pics. Is it worth salvaging or, should I just hunt another one?
It looks like something may have hit it, and my fender has been rubbing it.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Well...

I know an OEM new replacement runs in the neighborhood of $650 from what I've found. There are Chinese knock offs waaay cheaper....$100-300.....

I have no clue what it would cost to rebuild it at a radiator shop...:headscratch:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,....I know the radiators in the later years had dual fans. Are all the radiators interchangeable?

·
Banned
5,436 Posts
jb weld.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Maybe some pepper in the radiator will plug the leak....:mfclap:

Old trick..I know. But it really does work...in old cars anyways. Dunno if I'd try that in one of these...:eek:hno:

Think that radiator may be a bit beyond the ol' JB Weld....never know. If you're strapped for cash...it's worth a try...:thumbup:...IF you can pinpoint the leak...

Back in the day, if a rail in the grill sprung a leak, we'd just "trim" that rail out and use regular solder and seal the ends at the tanks...but being as these radiators are aluminum...that won't work so well I don't think.....can't solder to aluminum...

Brazing on the other hand......:headscratch:...JB would work in this sitch...:thumbup:

·
Registered
454 Posts
WILLIES CYCLE SALVAGE ,CAMP HILL, ALABAMA. due to them being near a few college towns and retards that wrecked there12s they got several parts. or midway cycles in madison alabama.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts