Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A nice way to mount sat nav, camera etc is via the steering yoke using an expandable bolt ball mount. That's fine if, on removing your yoke nut you find a nice 1.5 inch hole that will take said expandable bolt. Enter the A2 with a solid metal rod beneath the yoke nut making this a little less straightforward.

Solution - contact Bob at The Telferizer Custom Motorcycle RAM mounts for GPS Systems who will send you his A2 kit.

It comprises a modified RAM mount with a boss that fits in the yoke nut centre hole so you can run a 5mm drill through at true 90 degrees.

Next use a 6mm tap (1mm thread) on the hole to thread it. Refit the yoke nut and screw in the ball mount from Bob. Nice tidy job.

Photos attached. Hope it helps someone.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I had my mount with a steering stem mount it was very nice. Once I moved to a Scotts steering damper, I no longer could use it. Now I run an iphone 4 with cell service as a gps and velcro it to the ash tray in the tank. I wired it to a switched source, so it charges as I ride.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

Solution - contact Bob at The Telferizer Custom Motorcycle RAM mounts for GPS Systems who will send you his A2 kit.

It comprises a modified RAM mount with a boss that fits in the yoke nut centre hole so you can run a 5mm drill through at true 90 degrees.

Next use a 6mm tap (1mm thread) on the hole to thread it. Refit the yoke nut and screw in the ball mount from Bob. Nice tidy job.

I like that,

Here is another way The Kawasaki ZX12-R TomTom SatNav Mount

Thanx Dave.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts