Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on monday to this marine store that i buy epoxy/carbon supplies.
I asked for 5sqm of vacum bag for infusion and the salesman says "do you want the green one?".
"Sure" i said.Later he comes with my bag and i recon that it is the bag that doesnt need any pleats cause it is ultra elastic and copies the shape of the cast by it self.
Airtech offers this kind of bag also.

Great,i havent tried this bag so far...

I started yesterday applying the materials for my right side fairing on the cast.Carbon and kevlar where the lower original part is painted gold.Time run out and i had to leave for work yesterday so today i woke up early and went for the infusion.

After an hour or so i was ready.I infused the epoxy and waited for a while.Pluged some holes that the vacum bag had,i thought that it was strange but once pressure was ok i left.

When i came back in less than an hour,horror was before me!The bag melted and got stuck with the layers.It may not be visible clearly but pressure is lost and materials are separeted from the cast.It is at least a 100 euro loss.Maybe this bag is good for vacuum,but for sure not for infusion.

I am going to ask for complete coverage of the the loss with the pics and the receipt.It is going to be a fight but who cares..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I have no idea what's going on here, LOL.... I assume you are making your own carbon fiber fairing?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mate , what you are doing is awesome ! hope all the best for you in achieving your goals !!
Thank you max! This is the last big part for my 12 this year,maybe i'll do some rear sets later.
I want to focus on the making of a cast for bicycles.This one is a copy from my own super v i will use for testing..

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts