Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting for spring tinkering with my ever so green 12r. Fitted a Pyramid / Ermax undertray and am now looking for some indicators that suit the bike, some are just too small in my opinion....any suggestions?? Would probably change the fronts too to suit. Would be interested too in what people have done re. front indicator spacers, they seem to be available for the back or are they the same shape? Pyramid undertray looks great and fits ok but had to turn the computer upside down and poke it up under rear light to get the glove box back in.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I've been waiting for spring tinkering with my ever so green 12r. Fitted a Pyramid / Ermax undertray and am now looking for some indicators that suit the bike, some are just too small in my opinion....any suggestions?? Would probably change the fronts too to suit. Would be interested too in what people have done re. front indicator spacers, they seem to be available for the back or are they the same shape? Pyramid undertray looks great and fits ok but had to turn the computer upside down and poke it up under rear light to get the glove box back in.
Why I just HAPPEN to have the link u is lookin fo'.. Proton sigs are the BEST !! I have the zx12 ones on front, and I think the cbr ones one the back. just drilld a hole in undertail, ran wires thru, stuck bolt thru, put nut on.. tightn.. atatch wires.. ride !! the directions tell you how to set them for strobe effect !! (quite the headturner)

High Tech Speed - Technology for your Motorcycle and Car

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I will post pics sometime soon, and will see if I can find vid link that turnd me onto 'em.. (sigs on front in my avatar pic are oem, as was taken the day I got it)

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I will post pics sometime soon, and will see if I can find vid link that turnd me onto 'em.. (sigs on front in my avatar pic are oem, as was taken the day I got it)
crappy video, but here is the first one I found showing strobe. there appears to be an install vid too.. others are cheaper, I have seen none better..

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K9rockydog
Thanks a lot for that, I like the look of them! Do you have to get a special flasher unit for the strobe effect? I have just found a supplier for the ZX12R flush fronts here in the UK. Did you install flush mounts on the rear or do they do a stalk mount version? Can't see any obvious rear turn signal / indicators on the same site. Mark.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
K9rockydog
Thanks a lot for that, I like the look of them! Do you have to get a special flasher unit for the strobe effect? I have just found a supplier for the ZX12R flush fronts here in the UK. Did you install flush mounts on the rear or do they do a stalk mount version? Can't see any obvious rear turn signal / indicators on the same site. Mark.
no special equip needed, M8. they are "plug-an-play" the directions will tell you which wires to connect for which effect. you can have normal, fade in/out (a slow flash. the vid on ebay of the orange ninja shows the fade) or the strobe. also u can connect one of the wires and they act as running lights..

Yes, i just used the fronts for the cbr honda, as they are a bit smaller, on the undertail. I think I have a pic of that on my 6 as well.. lemme go check..

If not, will get the pics of my 12 taken and loaded later when I get home. will be a tad late for you with time diff, so look for that tommorow a.m.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks a lot for all that. I shall look into the fronts seriously but we have to carry a F'kin great number plate here (it should be about 9 inches wide by 7 high unless you want the police stopping you every 10 minutes) and unless I mount it somewhere really creative you would never see those flush mounted ones on the back.
"Mind the gap?" have you had the "pleasure" of riding the London underground?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Thanks a lot for all that. I shall look into the fronts seriously but we have to carry a F'kin great number plate here (it should be about 9 inches wide by 7 high unless you want the police stopping you every 10 minutes) and unless I mount it somewhere really creative you would never see those flush mounted ones on the back.
"Mind the gap?" have you had the "pleasure" of riding the London underground?
oh yes.. my wife and I teach english in Czech Republic every summer, and BA is my preffered airline.. (at least untill they got on with all this Global Warming nonsense !!) 6 years and STILL havent stayed long enough to give uk a proper looking over though.. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well if you ever want to see some of England that is not on the standard tourist route please give me a shout - seriously! Some of it really is lovely although we tend to ignore it and go abroad whenever possible. When the Dollar / Sterling rate is good you should have a look around!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There may be an easier way, as I have only had the 12r for 10 months I am no expert.
To remove the front indicators I started trying to remove just the inner fairing panels but failed. Then removed the outer side fairing. There are a couple of push on lugs aswell as all the screws holding the inner fairing to the outer. I don't know, but if you know where they are you may be able to pop them off and remove the inner for access without removing the outer. I couldn't and did not want to crack a bleedin expensive lump of plastic. I also removed the air ducts so that I could see what I was doing and get the screw driver and socket onto the inside of the indicator. Once you have the screw out of the inside, you then have to prise the steel plate out of the rubber housing and then you can get your 10mm socket in to remove the indicator. Pain in the arse for a little job, little b'stards were not supposed to be replaced I suppose.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Do you have to pull all the fairings off to replace front turn signals?
I did the first time I put them on my zx6.. but because it and the 12 are so similar, when I switched 'em over, i just pulled the left and right side off and worked my paw in there when needed

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would never go down the flushmount indicator route as cagers have enough trouble seeing a bike indicating at the best of times so i don't want to make it any harder for em!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts