Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm after some advice before tackling the following project, replacing cracked crankcase cover.

As the crankcase is magnesium will be very difficult to weld, smooth and respray. So was going to buy one from cradley spares 馃槶馃挿, so I understand that the gasket will need replacing, but have since found out that the needles will need replacing, my question is is there only 1 needel? Also will the two metal dowels come out without being damaged? Is there anything else that would likely need to be replaced? And if anyone has any tips on this that would be great!

Registered
Are you talking about the stator cover?

Registered
Clutch cover? If you purchase a used cover the bearings will probably be good. If not, they are easy to replace. There are 2 small needle bearings for the puller rod. You will be able to inspect the puller rod when apart.

cmg

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Are you talking about the stator cover?
No clutch cover other side
Clutch cover? If you purchase a used cover the bearings will probably be good. If not, they are easy to replace. There are 2 small needle bearings for the puller rod. You will be able to inspect the puller rod when apart.

cmg
Thank you, it's almost impossible to get a used clutch cover, it's only the cover that is damaged but was worried in taking it off that I would damage the bearing trying to remove them?

Registered
The small bearings are pressed into the cover where the puller rod is. Nothing will fall apart when you remove the cover. Since you need to purchase a new cover, get two bearings also. The dowel pins will remove easy enough. I鈥檝e never bought a cover that was not factory, so not sure if china stuff is good.

cmg

Registered
I have read many posts on the China covers and they work fine but are a different shade, color wise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts