Kawasaki World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALIEN HERE

HELLO ALL.. WELL BIKETOBERFEST IS COMING TO AN END... IT DID NOT GO OFF WITHOUT THE DEATH OF 2 PEOPLE HERE IN THE AREA.. A HARLEY GUY LOST CONTROL WITH NO LID AND SLAMMED INTO GUARDRAIL. (R.I.P.) :( OF COURSE A RICE ROCKET HAS TO GO DOWN WITH AN IDIOT BEHIND THE WHEEL. HE KISSED AN SUV AFTER RUNNING FROM DAYTONA BEACH POLICE DEPARTMENT @ 120 MPH. THE GIXXER 1K WAS 1/2 THE BIKE IT USE TO BE WHEN I SAW IT. ALL FOR A STUPID WHEELIE!! :roll: ((((((GUYS BE CAREFUL OUT THERE PLEASE!)))) I DID NOT GET TO SEE MARK WE JUST COULD NOT SEEM TO MEET ANYWHERE AT ANYTIME.. :shock:

ANYWAY'S TO THE POINT = COMING OVER THE SEABREEZE BRIDGE AND THE BIKE STARTS TO SPUTTER AND THEN BUCK LIKE RAGING BULL.. THEN COMES THE BACKFIRE AND BOOM BIKE SHUTS DOWN COMPLETELY DEAD... "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ANOTHER POWER COMMANDER BITES THE DUST, THANKS DYNOJET..." :evil:

I MUST SAY THANK YOU TO DAVE IN DAYTONA WHOSE WEBSITE IS
http://pub128.ezboard.com/fdaytonasportbikesfrm2
IF YOU ARE EVER IN DAYTONA AREA CHECKS THERE FOR LOCAL RIDES!!
HE CAME TO HELP ME WITH HIS TOOLS.. I DID NOT HAVE MINE WITH ME, DO TO DIGITAL CAMERA! :idea:

I DO HAVE A TON OF GREAT PICTURES TO SHOW YOU GUYS I WILL HAVE THE UP AND RUNNING BY THE END OF THE WEEK.. :D

ALIEN OUT

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
So goes the Dyno Jet Saga! Nice to have friends in the area. Just might be in the area next March for the 200. A friend emailed me last night and inquired if I'd be interested. He's got a bike being fabricated by RGV Steve in Merrit Island I beleive. An RZ 350 motor mated to a 89 TZ frame. He wants to drive (2170 miles) and I want to fly. That could be the stumbling point.

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Alien, make Dynojet send you a brand new PC. They replaced mine with
a brand new unit when mine failed after being on the bike for only
2 weeks. They are going to ask you some questions when you call like...who installed, and some tech questions maybe, and then they will try to blame it on pinched wires.

I stood my ground on all these issues. I sent mine back to them, they tested it, said they could not find anything wrong with it, but sent me a new unit anyways :roll:

DaveinDaytona has helped me via the internet several times.
Most recently with the Starter Lockout Switch problem, he is the one that talked to Kawasaki and found out the problem for me.
He's a great guy in my book :wink:

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Power Commanders seem to have reliability issues. My friend is on his second. Many people I have read about are on their multiple PC's. What is the deal? Unless I could practically steal one, I don't know if I would buy one. :shock:

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
When they are good they are great thing to have to gain max horsepower when dialed in right.... But when they go.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
All the better reason to stay stock :lol:

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
HappyCamper said:
All the better reason to stay stock :lol:
Once you,ve felt 200 plus horsepower makes the 12 stock feel like a pocketbike... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Slip-ON

The reason I went with just a slip-on is because of all the bad posts on this site about the Power Commander. I'm a computer geek so I would've loved playing with all the maps and stuff but they're no good if the damn thing isn't reliable. I wouldn't want engine damage either because of a faulty PC.

G

·
0 Posts
Are you guy's finding that there is a certain mileage/hours of use that these PC's are dying at? Or does it vary greatly, and either you got a good one or you don't.

·
Registered
303 Posts
p.c/dead??/some good some bad

sorry to hear your luck kevin.at least you made biketoberfest.i however missed out,lost$$$ with 1 month ago plans.sitting here at the house with my f.i light on(it was a sensor) and,also had to send my p.c111 back to d.j.(i do have another p.c111 here with a akropovic map in it brand new,d.j just sent me,this fishguy just dosnt wanna come pick it up!!lol.)
did you check to see if you threw a map alieman?or is it toast?.i think as long as you have your receipt dating back to within a year d.j will replace/repair yours.whatever you do make sure you get the latest p.c with the ground externally on.(you'll have to put the groung wire on the bike somewhere).the old kind grounded in the harness with all the other wires under the tank.the fella i know at d.j said they had the most problems with the ones that ground in the harness.just thought i'd let ya know.get those pics up asap.mach out.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
they gave me the 20 questions for which i had all answers, i returned mine and they sent me a new one, after finding nothing wrong.

i bet i have someones old one hahahahaha

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
mwrzx12 said:
DaveinDaytona has helped me via the internet several times.
Most recently with the Starter Lockout Switch problem, he is the one that talked to Kawasaki and found out the problem for me.
He's a great guy in my book :wink:
Mark: What was the fix?

Kevin: Sorry to here about the Pc problems... I have mine for about 4 months now and so far so good....knock on wood :shock:

·
Registered
303 Posts
pc

gx is right.all d.j does is look in their neverending box of parts and put one together for you on an exchange and hope it works.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I HEAR YA!

ALIEN HERE

Yes, Dave was telling me about your fix for your bike.. He is the name, he is a walking knowledge of everything!! For that I am grateful!!

ALIEN OUT

1 - 16 of 16 Posts