Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set, front and rear for ye old 12r. I didn't realize the stock ones are steel.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I think the rear wheel spacers on a 14 are aluminum. They are a direct swap. When I get to my storage where my 14 is I will verify. The fronts are aluminum but wrong size.
Also, the threaded collars that adjust the engine case to the frame are aluminum on a 14. The smaller of the two is a direct swap for both of the steel ones on a 12.

cmg

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CMG, I didnt think about the collars. I believe the cross mounts are the same as those on the 10Rs which can be had in TI. I'll add those 14 collars to the list.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
great, more things on my to do list lol. Tell him about the chain adjuster bolts you had on the 1427 Henry

·
Registered
566 Posts
We need a Ti kit like DME sells for the Busa's/1000's.
I understand the ZX14 Left front axle collar is also aluminum

·
Super Moderator
1,262 Posts
I did read on this forum a long time ago, I think it was Shiphtee that said the A1's had alloy spacers in the front....

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
I like some of the lightweight options mentioned in this but I still typically fill the front axle with lead on bikes I try to cut weight from lol.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I picked up a few 2017 zx10r parts. The front axle and nut. The nut is aluminum.
The front wheel spacers are aluminum and the same size as a 12. ?

cmg

·
Super Moderator
1,262 Posts
The front wheel spacers are aluminum and the same size as a 12.

cmg
Well thats good...
(I looked them up on a fiche a while ago and was sure the spacers were narrower!)

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
The front wheel spacers are aluminum and the same size as a 12.

cmg
Well thats good...
(I looked them up on a fiche a while ago and was sure the spacers were narrower!)
Lol now you have me thinking. The parts I picked up are used. But it was a assembled front end. The spacers are the same size as my 12. I went on eBay and did see some listings that look like mine BUT I saw some listings that look narrow....

cmg

·
Super Moderator
1,262 Posts
Hmm.. 25x40x18 dimensions is what I read here and another parts fiche site, hence my reply!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts