Kawasaki World banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Very nice!!!
How long did it take you to design and fabricate?
How are you handling the air filters in the frame?
Bike looks awesome with the dump pipe and the black and gold!!!
:thumbup:

cmg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yes I agree. The manifold is not designed for max power.............quick spool up.

Been out today doing some fine tuning. Its lifting the front wheel already in second......Woohoo......

Looked a tad rich at that point so being careful........

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It took about 3 months on and off.

Blocked the filter up with some silicon and some tick walled rubber pipe. I cut it slightly oversized so it compresses as it went in. Pushed them in with some silicone and passed the original bolts over the top. Figure the pipe will act like and o-ring and just seal tighter with low pressure I am using.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Very impressive bit of engineering Craig

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
What do you chaps think a good AFR values would be.
Idle 13.5-14.
Cruise 13.5-14
Acceleration off boost 11.8-12.5
On boost 10.5-11.8

What do you think. Decent figures to aim for.......???????

·
Registered
266 Posts
Great build! I like what you did with this bike. Using your mind more than your wallet is always rewarding and a great feeling.

·
Registered
374 Posts
excellent work, really impressed!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

What do you chaps think a good AFR values would be.
Idle 13.5-14.
Cruise 13.5-14
Acceleration off boost 11.5-12.5
On boost 10.8-11.8

What do you think. Decent figures to aim for.......???????

From what I can remember, and not through personal experiance, 12.8 - 1 seemed to be the NA number to go for, but do not know about turbos.
KZScott may be the person to have a say on this.

Thanks Dave.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

From what I can remember, and not through personal experiance, 12.8 - 1 seemed to be the NA number to go for, but do not know about turbos.
KZScott may be the person to have a say on this.

Thanks Dave.

Cheers drb

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
OK, I am at the point where I need this on the dyno. I have the all the cruising speeds sorted. Low gear acceleration is OK.

I am tuning with camera mounted on the tank with throttle position marked and AFR meter. There is too much vibration through the tank and running out off road to tune it any further.

Will see if the dyno man let's me take some vids. Next week I hope.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
be sure to record boost on the dyno. aim for 11.8 at full load. in the 10s may misfire on gas (alchy doesnt care)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Dyno man said It was just under 0.4 bar or 5.8 psi. I couldn't be there, work.

The garrent turbo calc said it would make 205 bhp with 4.5psi. Not far off. The Mitsubishi turbo map was the nearest I could find to the garret turbo suggested at best price.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Fantastic, just wait a few more years and you will be able to print your own 3D headers to suit the turbo....failing that ask NASA if they would ?......she sounds great lets hope she runs as good ?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Put it on the dyno today. Think its turned out quite well considering its only standard wastgate.

Killer street setup!!! That thing is going to rocket. I'm sure you'll want more eventually, but that will beat 99.8% of the bikes out there. That's awesome, i love it!

Did dyno man get you all tuned up? Any plans for the track with this bike?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Fantastic, just wait a few more years and you will be able to print your own 3D headers to suit the turbo....failing that ask NASA if they would ?......she sounds great lets hope she runs as good ?

She runs fantastic now the dyno mans done the map. 3d headers, fabricating these wasn't so bad............

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Killer street setup!!! That thing is going to rocket. I'm sure you'll want more eventually, but that will beat 99.8% of the bikes out there. That's awesome, i love it!

Did dyno man get you all tuned up? Any plans for the track with this bike?
Hopefully get it to the strip at some point, or the track. It fly's through the gears on the dyno. I haven't got the graph, but it was impressive, wish I had asked for a print off that too. The dyno man spent a while making sure it was right and was excellent, I made sure he had done some turbos before, he knew his stuff. The map has some extreme numbers in it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hopefully get it to the strip at some point, or the track. It fly's through the gears on the dyno. I haven't got the graph, but it was impressive, wish I had asked for a print off that too. The dyno man spent a while making sure it was right and was excellent, I made sure he had done some turbos before, he knew his stuff. The map has some extreme numbers in it.
where did yoiu take the bike to be set-up ? does he do work for other people ?

top results on the bike , i bet that makes you grin every time you ride it :clap::clap:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
where did yoiu take the bike to be set-up ? does he do work for other people ?

top results on the bike , i bet that makes you grin every time you ride it :clap::clap:
I took it to a place called Motrac in Ellesemereport. I did some research and got some good feedback from people that had used him before.

First time I was able to take it out after the setup was Monday, on the way to work, I was late............went the long way round.:thumbup:

21 - 40 of 47 Posts