Kawasaki World banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i am from Czech Republic and I need advice. I have 10 years a race car with the engine N/A ZX 12R which had on dyno 176Hp and 111N.
I decided this year to add Turbo which is regulated westegate on 0,25bar / 3,6psi with intercooler. Lambda sensor shows the stoichiometric ratio. The engine is original with only CR 10: 1 using shims.
But the dyno shows only 178Hp and 128Nm ... :(
You advise me why I have so little power whith turbo?
Thank you..

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Looking good! I had trouble with oil scavenging. I tried it the way you did and had a few issues, I think for a street bike a pump is almost required. Think about the bike running while on the sidestand. I run a $85 shurflo pump that dumps into the clutch cover and it works great.

Awesome bike, I broke the ring lands off on mine so be careful with tuning. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
mine makes 237 at 3 psi
500+ at 20
but its not a normal setup ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
mine makes 237 at 3 psi
500+ at 20
but its not a normal setup ;)
Wow, that's a lot. What mods have you done to get that @ 3psi?

That Garrett app I used was not far off for bhp on my set up plunging in my figures! Any more I think it would be bye bye clutch and pistons...........mega bucks.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Looking good! I had trouble with oil scavenging. I tried it the way you did and had a few issues, I think for a street bike a pump is almost required. Think about the bike running while on the sidestand. I run a $85 shurflo pump that dumps into the clutch cover and it works great.

Awesome bike, I broke the ring lands off on mine so be careful with tuning. Keep up the good work.
Cheers, I read all your conversion post , thanks for the info, excellent set up too.

I have a wee bit of oil coming from the clamp ring on the turbo. I am going to service the turbo over the winter and see if it makes a difference.

I think there may be an oil return restricted. Volvo forum is quite handy for this turbo!!!!!!!!!!

If its all OK could be the oil not getting back quick enough, then a pump will be needed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hi i am from Czech Republic and I need advice. I have 10 years a race car with the engine N/A ZX 12R which had on dyno 176Hp and 111N.
I decided this year to add Turbo which is regulated westegate on 0,25bar / 3,6psi with intercooler. Lambda sensor shows the stoichiometric ratio. The engine is original with only CR 10: 1 using shims.
But the dyno shows only 178Hp and 128Nm ... :(
You advise me why I have so little power whith turbo?
Thank you..

Does seem low, I tried to put in your compression ratio and turbo pressure into the garret app I used but it is not working, would give a bhp out.......... Leaks anywhere? Boost gauge working correctly? When is boost starting to build? Is rolling road you used calibrated?

My bike has standard compression so power will be higher at 4.5psi. Would have expected 3psi to be around 190-200bhp ish.

First dabble with turbos so I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts