Kawasaki World banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

Registered
nice job, I've been riding these 12s since 2000.
You will not have the HP to do 320, without opening up the motor.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I figured if an H2 unrestricted can do 320 and the H2 stock has the same torque as the 12 but 20hp more, if I get the 20hp i should be able to hit that mark, not to mention it would probably be making more torque than the H2.
Id like to be able to get there with stock cc, N/A, pump gas, no nitrous.
Projected engine build is gonna include
Current full exhaust
PCV
Ignition advance of 4 or 5 degrees via ignition module
BMC Race filter
Bear velocity stacks (half short)
And if necesarry ill do the dual exhaust cam.
Of course i will be removing the mirrors for those passes, I already have flush mount signals, a double bubble screen, so there isnt much else i can do for aero. Hoping this will suffice, as is i managed to get it almost to 190 indicated with the mirrors still on, untuned top end. It feels like the bike still has a lot of untapped potential so I will update as the build goes along.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
with launch control somewhat implemented (will be further refining) im now looking at quickshifters. As everyone knows the 12R is not fly by wire therefore auto blip is not NORMALY possible, however doing some research i found this and it seems to be what I would consider the most practical manner to add an autoblipper although I feel its not entirely necessary : IRC Electro-Mechanical Downshift Blipper & Integrated Quickshifter
Otherwise I was planning on getting the Dynojet QS with the QS ignition module, or a translogic. Thoughts?
Eventually I will beef up the clutch whenever I decide to get the factory pro shift kit with the shift star but I need to decide between the MTC basket or going for a slipper like the yoyodine (not sure if anyone has experience with it). The bike is going to be tracked, and rarely if ever taken to the drag strip so I felt the slipper might be worth considering.

Registered
Kawasaki zx12r 2003
I figured if an H2 unrestricted can do 320 and the H2 stock has the same torque as the 12 but 20hp more, if I get the 20hp i should be able to hit that mark, not to mention it would probably be making more torque than the H2.
Id like to be able to get there with stock cc, N/A, pump gas, no nitrous.
Projected engine build is gonna include
Current full exhaust
PCV
Ignition advance of 4 or 5 degrees via ignition module
BMC Race filter
Bear velocity stacks (half short)
And if necesarry ill do the dual exhaust cam.
Of course i will be removing the mirrors for those passes, I already have flush mount signals, a double bubble screen, so there isnt much else i can do for aero. Hoping this will suffice, as is i managed to get it almost to 190 indicated with the mirrors still on, untuned top end. It feels like the bike still has a lot of untapped potential so I will update as the build goes along.
Sounds like a great plan. If your chasing top speed maybe look at reducing the bikes weight like carbon wheels, handlebars etc....

Registered
My dj qs on my 12 with a modded trans is really nice. But my dj qs on my stock bike is not as good. Kinda notchy no matter the setting.
I have a HM on my 1287. It kills the ignition not the fuel. So this spring I will be trying that out to see.

cmg

Registered
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
My dj qs on my 12 with a modded trans is really nice. But my dj qs on my stock bike is not as good. Kinda notchy no matter the setting.
I have a HM on my 1287. It kills the ignition not the fuel. So this spring I will be trying that out to see.

cmg
Ah see i thought of that, i didnt like the idea of fuel cut for a QS hence getting the QS ignition module which is meant for standalone use which actually mounts onto your coils. So essentially instead of hooking the QS sensor to the PCV it would be hooked to a sensor that cuts spark.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Sounds like a great plan. If your chasing top speed maybe look at reducing the bikes weight like carbon wheels, handlebars etc....
Forged wheels are in the plans, i dont know about the habdlebars though. I am using the stock bars and tripple. Im not sure where to find aftermarket tripples that are lightened. Not a fan of the hurrican tripple that have a big 7/8 bar mounted across like a dirt bike or adventure bike. Thats fine on my supermoto but i dont want that near my sport bikes.

Registered
Good to hear of another 12 to be track ridden!

I have the HealTech QS which cuts ignition to the plugs via the spark plug mounted method.

Having a slipper clutch for track use would be good in my opinion, having ridden a 2015/16 BMW S1000R hire bike on track, the slipper clutch on that was amazingly smooth in operation.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Good to hear of another 12 to be track ridden!

I have the HealTech QS which cuts ignition to the plugs via the spark plug mounted method.

Having a slipper clutch for track use would be good in my opinion, having ridden a 2015/16 BMW S1000R hire bike on track, the slipper clutch on that was amazingly smooth in operation.
I have seen the healtech, actually forgot about it until now. The price is actually better than the Dynojet setup which even with my industry discount still comes out to 80usd more than the HT. Benefit to the DJ would be of course having everything under the same software network etc, but given the QS would have its own idependent module to cut spark rather than fuel I might as well just chose between the translogic or Iqse. Will do some research and see. Apreciate all the input.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Pulled the trigger on the translogic. Seems to be the best one in terms of quality and performance, will update you guys when i receive and install

Registered
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Pulled the trigger on the translogic.
Will be interesting to see what you think of them.
Should be pretty good, from the research I've done people say they are the best in terms of smoothness, durability etc. Not only that aparantly they are ready to go out of the box, no mapping necesarry. What sold me on it was the seamless shift simulation and it cuts the ignition per separate cylinders instead of grounding the spark which they say is better for the ECU longevity. Will have a video on it when I have it setup to demonstrate it in use and I will of course detail my thoughts on it here.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Got some BMC race filters on the way, after that the bear stacks. Once I have that the bike is getting properly dyno tuned. Taking guesses on what the base hp is gonna be:unsure:. Will be posting dyno results before and after, hoping I can get somewhere in the mid 180s rwhp.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Seeking some knowledge on wheels swaps to plan out my brake setup. Given finding ohlins front forks for the 12 is impossible and the 14 swap not worthwhile for me, I decided im going the route of ktech with radial 12 forks. Now I wanted to run 330mm rotors however that isn't available for the 12 but it is for the 14 and 10r, so my question is, what needs to be done for me to get 10r or 14 front rims on the 12 forks? I'm planning on running a set of OZ piegas (zx14 on the rear to use the larger rear rotor of the 14) regardless but id like to run one for a 10 or 14 if possible to be able to use those oversize rotors.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
330mm rotors are available for the 12. PFM makes them. Really nice. So you can get the right oz wheels.

cmg
That would make things a lot easier if I can still get those. I take it the 330mm rotors are made upon request as they are not standard size for the 12?

41 - 60 of 65 Posts