Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a line on Brembo AXIAL caliper adapters. 115 shipped CONUS. 2 mounting bolts for the brackets are included. Made right here in the U.S.A. These allow you to mount a 65mm Brembo caliper on a 2000-2003 ZX-12R forks. The following pics are of the caliper and adapters mounted on a ZRX. They bolt right up to a ZX-12R or a bugly. Let me know if you are interested and I can put you in touch with the machinist.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice one, pleae tell me what is the price for it? Have ones but Im curious about price.
First they are made from 7075 aluminum not 6061. True aerospace quality stuff. He sells them for $115 shipped in the U.S.A.. I know he'll ship across the pond. I just don't know what the cost is.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I hate to be a kill joy here but that's not a radial caliper you're adapting there. That's still an axial mounted caliper all you done was added an adpter bracket that made it possible to use the smaller bolt pattern Calipers used on many European brands but NOT radial mounted. Sorry

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I hate to be a kill joy here but that's not a radial caliper you're adapting there. That's still an axial mounted caliper all you done was added an adpter bracket that made it possible to use the smaller bolt pattern Calipers used on many European brands but NOT radial mounted. Sorry
You Sir are correct. They are axial mounts and I will correct it. The 100 and 108mm spaced radial brackets are on the cad cam as I type this.

Thank you for the correction! I'm goping to have a Mod delete the thread and repost once the radial adapters are finished.
Shane

·
Registered
503 Posts
First they are made from 7075 aluminum not 6061. True aerospace quality stuff. He sells them for $115 shipped in the U.S.A.. I know he'll ship across the pond. I just don't know what the cost is.
He's using good grade Aluminium, I use 7075-T6 or 6082-T6. The 7075 is a tougher grade. I notice the difference when machining it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The one's you want are for a ZRX1200R. It's a lot beefier radial bracket compared to the ebay one's you linked to. The ones I have on my ZX-12R and in fact off of a ZRX1200R. Look at this pic and you can see the difference. And Scotts will be made from 7075 not 6061.

My ZX-12R with the ZRX1200 radial adapters.

They're the same, they'll all be the same, if they're using the same 6 pots :thumbup:

The only difference you need to take into account is the hole distance for your radials, be it 100 or 108mm typically :thumbup:

I've been running the ebay ones for over 2 years with R1 radials and they've been fantastic. I've yet to see a stress fracture or any other problem with them :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts