Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
It's easier to keep it clean than to get it clean. The spray polish works great if your bike isn't very dirty.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I use a hand held bottle sprayer filled with soap water.. I only spray the body panels piece by piece and wipe them clean then do the wheels.. I have never washed my engine..

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
A little Windex and a few paper towels and lots of loving care...:thumbup:....then round it off with some good wax....yeppers. Happy bike then.

You won't hurt the bike spraying it with a hose. You could soak her head to toe and she'd be fine......otherwise, how the hell you sposed to ride in rain???:loco:

I use Windex on mine just cause mine don't see things like rain (if I can avoid it) so...

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Since the wire harness uses weather-pac fittings, she is waterproof pretty much. Still, I'd cover the ECU with a towel. Then, buy some "S100." Cuts grease and all that good stuff. Spray that all over the bike [not in the sun] so it does not dry, meaning. You want it to chemically do its thing. After reading how long to keep it on the bike per bottle directions, wash it off with a garden hose. If you have access to an air compressor, blow dry it all off or use mom's vacuum cleaner on the blow side. Not as powerful, but it should dry the sensors off and whatnot.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Bucket spunge
with a wax / polish in water.
dry with shammy leather,

polish as and when it needs

As for the engine cant see it so dont know if its dirty or not:king:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I use a wash and wax with warm water that's gets rid of the crap then hose it of with a garden hose not a pressure washer cus they can blow all
The grease of the important areas like the suspension linkages etc then I give it a proper wax with radiant polish by auto glym

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I use a wash and wax with warm water that's gets rid of the crap then hose it of with a garden hose not a pressure washer cus they can blow all
The grease of the important areas like the suspension linkages etc then I give it a proper wax with radiant polish by auto glym
What about to remove the rubber from burn outs

·
Registered
440 Posts
Pledge. No water, no soap nothing. been doing this for years. As have a lot of other old timmers. Sounds strange but it works

·
Registered
440 Posts
Since the wire harness uses weather-pac fittings, she is waterproof pretty much. Still, I'd cover the ECU with a towel. Then, buy some "S100." Cuts grease and all that good stuff. Spray that all over the bike [not in the sun] so it does not dry, meaning. You want it to chemically do its thing. After reading how long to keep it on the bike per bottle directions, wash it off with a garden hose. If you have access to an air compressor, blow dry it all off or use mom's vacuum cleaner on the blow side. Not as powerful, but it should dry the sensors off and whatnot.
could also use a blower for lawns even better than a compressor "no hose to follow u around" :thumbup:

·
Registered
253 Posts
:rotflmao:I also don't do burn outs I like to save my tyres for riding , if you want smoke mate set fire to a hayabusa

1 - 20 of 23 Posts