Kawasaki World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A screw hole inside my cowl cracked, and I am curious if anyone has gotten a new one through warranty? Thanks in advance. J :?: :?:

·
Registered
303 Posts
warranty seat cowl.

This happened to a friend of mine,the dealer he purchased the bike from was a bit sketchy on warrantying it,but after a little fuss he was able to get it replaced full warranty,that is if its a full bike defect.
raise hell, and good-luck.

G

·
0 Posts
That friggin piece crack's quite easily. You gotta be real careful when removing the seat cover, or she'll crack. Good luck. Unless you have a super cool dealer, you'll probably be pissed. Using two people when removing the cowl, will make this less likely to happen. (not that it isn't possible to do it on your own.) One person pry's open both sides of the cowl by the screw holes, the other slide's the seat out.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
The dealer replaced mine under warranty.Said that there is no reason for it to break like that so soon... Mine was less than a year though.

Good luck

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Yes it is less than a year, so I am going to give it a try. J

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
I went through two of them on my 01 silver. But mine would crack on the outside and look like shit. They covered the first one on warranty but had to fork over $$$$$for the second. So far the 02PMB hasn't even showed a sign of the same problem.

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
I thought I had cracked mine last Saturday. I was going about 70 mph when I thought I hit a grenade! I didn't see it, but, it sounded and felt like I hit a brick. About 12 gallons of bug juice went everywhere. I knew my upper cowling had to be cracked from the impact. So I stood up on the pegs and leaned over the windscreen to see the damage. I was lucky, no damage. But, then I went to sit down and somehow went to far backward and plopped right on the front of the rear seat cowl. I figure it was history. Somehow it survived.

More later...

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I stood up on the pegs and leaned over the windscreen to see the damage. I was lucky, no damage But, then I went to sit down and somehow went to far backward and plopped right on the front of the rear seat cowl
Mark you keep pulling stunts like that and people are going to think you are so squid that cant get it up. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I waranteed it with superglue on the broken tab. It has been fine since.

I don't drive over the legally posted speed limit, so not sure how it would hold up at illegal speeds.

- Blitz :roll:

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you are going to fix it yourself, bevel it so you have a valley. Get some liquid original superglue and some baking soda. Put a decent sized bead of superglue in the bevel and then sprinkle baking soda over it. Do this in a well ventalated area because it will react putting off nasty fumes. After it cures it will be rock hard and sandable if you want to paint it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mine Was Fixed Under Warranty...

The little tab in the front that holds it tight to the seat snapped off. Dealer ordered me a replacement and sent mine in when the new one arrived. I dont screw mine down anymore, takes too much time and effort to dig out the screwdriver and unscrew and screw the damn screws, let alone keep up with them. So far the cowl tabs have held up but I expect them to break again. I hope the keep replacing the cowl for the next 3 years!?!?!? That's the reason for the extended warranty isn't it???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts