Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while taking a break from troubleshooting my 2006zx636 I was talking to a friend that rides a gixxer1000. He mentioned to me that someone he rides with rides a zx6r and he removed his secondary fuel injectors from the air housing to gain HP and more mod range power. He was not sure as to the specifics or how and why so I'm just wondering if anyone on here has herd of or has done it and what the results were and how someone would go about completing such a task????

·
Registered
430 Posts
A lot of people do it to their 1st Gen zx14s and it does wonders. Not really sure what it will do to the 6 but should do something. But I think you will need a PC to tune down low now.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
... he removed his secondary fuel injectors from the air housing to gain HP... and how someone would go about completing such a task????
Just unhook the upper injector wire harness connector. My guess is the code sets, runs the lower injectors all in limp mode. That's why the low end is more peppy. No top end HP potential with the upper injectors inop.

A lot of people do it to their 1st Gen zx14s and it does wonders. Not really sure what it will do to the 6 but should do something. But I think you will need a PC to tune down low now.
There are only 4 injectors with any year gen 14, unless I have the wrong shop manuals. So they are doing what to the 14 if it's not injectors?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
So while taking a break from troubleshooting my 2006zx636 I was talking to a friend that rides a gixxer1000. He mentioned to me that someone he rides with rides a zx6r and he removed his secondary fuel injectors from the air housing to gain HP and more mod range power. He was not sure as to the specifics or how and why so I'm just wondering if anyone on here has herd of or has done it and what the results were and how someone would go about completing such a task????
I know one thing...if you get rid of the secondary injectors you will slow the bike down (as there a cooling aid to the intake charge and keep the fuel going in the top end) bad if not setup right..
your "mate" with the gixxer doesn't know what he is on about IMO or trying to rectify 1 problem with another !
Edit if they have secondary injectors ??

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
... he removed his secondary fuel injectors from the air housing to gain HP and more mod range power.
More HP and more mid range... Sounds like the flies, not secondary injectors?

I was think secondary butterflies, sorry read that wrong.
Maybe it is the second set of throttle plates, i.e., the 'subthrottles.' Like max said, it's going to go down in power if the primaries are the only fuelers. The tower [secondaries] injectors are turned off and are for top end. My guess is the primaries shut off at mid-range. This seems like way too much [FPM] with both injectors tied together, no?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He wasn't really sure of the specifics that's why I figured asking on here, never thought of doing it though. I'll stick with the tried and true other people have done to enhance performance lol

·
Registered
990 Posts
This model does have secondary injectors but removing them for sure would make the bike limp home.

I cannot tell if there are secondary butterflies on this model.Removing them would make it run better.
Maybe your friend was misinformed about the model or something else.

This bike is track focused.I would spend money on making it better on handling.If you want something faster your money is better spent on 1000cc bike.

Unless the throttle response is crappy as the zz14r.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts