Kawasaki World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just seeing if anyone has a GOOD power commander V map for a full muzzy exhaust system and bmc air filters on their 12. I used the dyno jet map off their site, but as everyone knows, they're basically generic maps. So I wasn't very happy with the idle hunting and the well known muzzy flat spot. Some people were able to tune it out, some weren't.

Just checking if anyone has one. Let me know!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can throttle my way out of it as well, but I do a lot of city riding and it can be a pain while cornering at times.

I've heard of some guys that had the issue dissapear after advancing the timing, whether it be a muzzy or factory pro rotor or by doing the pickup mod.

I've been adjusting my fuel maps in increments of 5 and it's been getting a little better, but still noticeable. Was just curious if someone actually had a map made on a dyno for the system.

I also got my PC V from fuel motor last year, but their maps aren't very good either.

·
Registered
626 Posts
If you read through the forums guys throw every thing at this. Then hours and $ s later give up and sell.. 60-70% of my riding is in the city. Wouldn't sell this exhaust for twice what's in it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh believe me I'm with you man...just nit picking at this point lol.

I've literally read dozens of "muzzy flat spot" posts for 12's all over the internet. That's where I came across some 12 owners saying it dissapeared with fuel tuning and timing advancements.

However I will say, I think my flat spot is very minor compared to most. It's right between 2,200-2,500 and only at 5-10% throttle. While others have it all in between 2 and 3k. A good twist of the throtte makes it barely noticeable. I think cutting 7 or so inches off the can helped a bit as well.

Someone could offer me double what I paid for the system and I still wouldn't sell it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll keep tweaking on the map and see what happens. Regardless of the flat spot, I plan on taking the bike to be tuned at Adrenaline Cycle in Swansea, MA within the next few weeks. If you have any interest in trying the map the make for me, let me know.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it's not known when the exhaust was last packed, might be worth a shot.
So I ended up repacking the can with a really nice kit from amazon. It's called Muff Pack and made by International steel wool. Has a stainless screen, stainless wool, and finally the fiberglass mat. Really nice kit....the can sounds frickin awesome.

I also just installed a factory pro +2 advancer and it made a HUGE difference in the muzzy flat spot. Still there, but barely noticeable!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Although I haven't got a Muzzy, I've got a one off system but was thinking of selling mine as between 2000 & 2750 revs it was a right pig, anyway I put my map to "0" up to 3000 revs & down one block on the PC button. It has transformed the bike. A joy to ride again . Will pull in 6th from 2500 revs.:x
Good luck.:wink2:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Although I haven't got a Muzzy, I've got a one off system but was thinking of selling mine as between 2000 & 2750 revs it was a right pig, anyway I put my map to "0" up to 3000 revs & down one block on the PC button. It has transformed the bike. A joy to ride again . Will pull in 6th from 2500 revs.

Good luck.

Now see I had tried the same thing at first. The muzzy full exhaust map I downloaded from Dynojet's web site had a TON of fuel taken out at 2,5,10, and 20% throttle all below 3500 rpms. I just tried a massive change and put all the fuel points back to zero. After that the bike definitely ran rich as hell.

Thankfully I almost got it 100% tuned out now. So with a little more tweaking, should be good to go!

What'd you do for your custom exhaust? Difderent brand headers/can maybe?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Now see I had tried the same thing at first. The muzzy full exhaust map I downloaded from Dynojet's web site had a TON of fuel taken out at 2,5,10, and 20% throttle all below 3500 rpms. I just tried a massive change and put all the fuel points back to zero. After that the bike definitely ran rich as hell.

Thankfully I almost got it 100% tuned out now. So with a little more tweaking, should be good to go!

What'd you do for your custom exhaust? Difderent brand headers/can maybe?
Glad your getting there with it.
I have Micron serpent headers & a totally one off pipe & an e-bay special end can, off a car more than likely?
All the best. Dave.:wink2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts