Kawasaki World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Hope someone can help me if you have saved the "Dave Potter's Kawasaki ZX12-R Tuning Guide - Blitz's ZX12R Valve Clearance Check and Adjustment Procedure" Word document. Can't find it on the "Google" :crying: Seems his home web page is down... It would make me :grin2: if you could send it to me if you have it...

-Yes, I do have the Kawa Service Manual but the "how to" writeup was so good and easy to follow with all the pictures...

Thank You!

/Tom >:)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Bummer everyone that viewed this thread was too bothered to say anything. I'm not familiar with their write up or I'd send it. I used the manual and personal knowledge over the years. If there was one thing that really helped was using an air ratchet.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:super: Joe

The "How to write up" was/is really good, the guy who made it added allot of pictures, that made doing the valve job easier. Kinda bummed out that I did not save it to my computer, well nothing lasts for ever, not even on the internet... except for celebrity nudes I guess...

Take care!

·
Registered
116 Posts
:super: Joe

The "How to write up" was/is really good, the guy who made it added allot of pictures, that made doing the valve job easier. Kinda bummed out that I did not save it to my computer, well nothing lasts for ever, not even on the internet... except for celebrity nudes I guess...

Take care!

Well, top tip for future reference, add spicy celebrity nudes to manual pages and it'll never disappear off the interwebz.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just would like to say, well write, that if someone has that "How To" document saved on their computer, it would still make me very, very happy if you could send it to me. The link Phil 69 posted has the write up but sadly no pictures, and it is the pictures that made the write up so good and the job easier...

Thanks!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I just would like to say, well write, that if someone has that "How To" document saved on their computer, it would still make me very, very happy if you could send it to me. The link Phil 69 posted has the write up but sadly no pictures, and it is the pictures that made the write up so good and the job easier...

Thanks!

Tom mate, have you tried messaging Dave direct; he may have it on a back up.
Worth a try.:thumbup:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tom mate, have you tried messaging Dave direct; he may have it on a back up.
Worth a try.:thumbup:
I tried looking for Dave through the search, but I'm not able to find him, then again I do not know what exact forum name he uses. Came up with nothing when searching "Dave Potter"... He might be active on some other Kawa forum, but I'm not, so...
Any way... Thanks to Phil 69 I have the write up so I'm good for now..

·
Registered
374 Posts
I did my valve clearances last year, there are also a few guys that still post on here that have done the job.
So plenty of help and advice here if needed.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Nice one Dave. :smile2:

Reactions: drp

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

Hello everybody
I hope the site is working ok.
Some of the links will be out of date and possibly return a 404 error.

I am having limited success with the Interactive Excel Worksheet in Blitz's Valve Clearance Check and Adjustment Procedure, working online using a PC (It does the valve shim size calculations for you).
Let me know if you use this, and if it works successfully.
Though it worked on my Samsung S7 Android phone, but not on my Blackview BV6800 Android phone !!??
edit: The Excel Worksheet should work here :- https://www.google.com/sheets/about/ - Personal

If you notice any inconsistencies on the site, there will be many, please give me a shout.

Thank you all :smile2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts