Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pcIII and IIIr owners...if you had to do it all over again would you install a pcIII? i've heard mostly good news about pcIIIr's but i've heard some say they wish they would have stayed stock...can anyone explain some good and bad points you have experience being a pcIIIr owner?

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
They have had some problems, which is all most people talk about.
You never here of all the ones that there are no problems..

Yes mine did fail on me....Cost me about $160 or so

Yes...I do still have the PC111r on my bike..

Its a good product, depending on what year and which exhaust you choose
a pc111 or yosh box is almost a must have for driveability

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
No problems yet. Definitely helped smooth out the Akra. Based upon my experience so far, I'd do it again. If it fails on me, it'll be my last though.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I don't regret taking it off and selling it. My gas mileage went up 7 mpg from the zero mapped box, my exhaust doesn't smell like unburned dinosaurs, and my front wheel lifts 900 or so rpm earlier in 3rd gear.

Not knocking the PC3R, but I'm sticking with the stock ecu.

I have the high-altitiude ecu, K&N's, Akra, Kleen Air block-off, and she runs gggggrreeeaaaat.

G

·
0 Posts
I haven't had any problems with my PCIIIr, so far. (knock wood) Works fine as I love my custom mapping. If I wasn't such a fraidy cat I might try removing it and seeing what happen's. :?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Should have ask this ? before I brought the pcIIIr. Well I hope I see an improvenet when I put it on next week..$350.00 is alot of money for no improvement and an even alot more of money if it performs worst.

G

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't sell my PC3R for what a new one cost's. If you have one and
play with it a bit, you will know when you have the right map.
:lol:

Akra exhaust + ATOM race map = GOOD :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Kind of damned if you do and really hosed if you don't. I am now officially on my 4th PCIIIr. In every case Dynojet has claimed nothing was wrong with my box but replaced it out of courtesy.

Dynojet has told me that every actual defective unit they have seen has had a damaged harness. In my cae the harness was not damaged so it couldn't be defective I guess. The fact that it didn't work is relevant I guess. i own a Dynojet 250 dyno, we arer a certified Dyjet facility, factory trained etc. and we are still apparently stupid.

The problem is the options available are pretty slim. And when the PCIIIr works it is a kick ass unit. I have heard good and bad on the Yosh EMS system and the MUZZY EMS looks pretty trick, but it is hell expensive and you need top be a real electronics type of guy with a good bit of mechanic skills to install it. You also need to be a fabricator to mount the new coils etc. Pain in the tail really.

The problem with running without the PC is you really are at risk with melt down if you have seriously modified the bike or put on a serious pipe. The issue is the bike runs lean and not necesarily just at full throttle. My 1361 with a TiForce exhaust, with the PC disconected ran extremely lean at idle and at less then 20% throttle. Cruise around at about 50 in 6th gear and the engine is in the melt down mode. Not good. And of course at full throttle with the NOS on it gets even worse!!!

Something to think about before you throw the PC away!

·
Registered
759 Posts
The 2002 Blue has an Akrapovic Stainless with blockoffs, 16-44 gearing...Nice and SMOOTH...Not putting on a PC!!!

The 2000 Red has a MuzzyTi, PC3r, K-Ns, blockoffs, 17-46 gearing and runs like SHIT at 2500-3000RPM...

CrotchRocket

·
Registered
303 Posts
p.c

dont know if you have a 01,but nobody mentioned the quite a # of guys that had starting problems with the p.c111r.the 111 is fine with it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
PCIIIr

I was happy with the PCIIIr on my bike - right up until the time it QUIT working! When it failed I could crank the engine just fine (no starter kickback or anything like that), but the engine would not fire. Luckily I was at home when it happened and not stranded somewhere.

I figured I'd notice a big difference in performance when I removed the PCIIIr and went out riding. There was a difference - the engine didn't seem to run quite as smoothly and the flat spot around 2,500 rpm was back again. But, when I cranked on the throttle there definitely wasn't anything missing!! After a couple of months of running without a PCIIIr I've got no complaints. Bike runs super strong!

Dynojet replaced the faulty unit, but as mentioned above they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it when they hooked it up. Whatever!! I didn't bother to install the new unit - sold it. I suppose I'll have to look for something else to take the PCIIIr's place if I add any more mods to my bike. Don't plan on changing anything any time soon, though and it's perfectly happy with a Yosh RS-3 Duplex Race exhaust, BEAR stacks, Muzzy's block-offs and 17/47 gearing. :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
pciiir

Well I always wondered wether I should consider a pcIIIR or not. After reading all these replies I'll just do without it. But i guess I can because I didn't modify like everyone else. I did the basic mods to the stock exhaust, advance the timing2~2.5, tps, ECU(high altitude) and I am quite happy with the results. I may not have a ton of HP but I certainly have more than I need :) This was a great question...

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's exactly like using a condom. When it works it does the job well. But when it breaks-LOOK OUT! It's gonna cost ya! :roll:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts