Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out at Kansas City International Raceway this weekend just to watch and wondered if anyone on the board races out there. There was a blue and silver Busa that looked stock and a late 80's to early 90's 600R Ninja out. Those were the only bikes. Did see a guy name Hanson plant his dragster on top of the guard rail about 200 foot out. He rolled on top of the guard rail for a few hundred feet. He launched with front wheels in the air. I would say it was about a 45 degree angle when it started going heading for the rail. He never lifted and set it down on the rail. I have never seen a wreck like that happen before. He walked away from it. Lucky guy. It also broke the light pole I would say 10 or so feet from the top. It didn't fall over though. Isn't this close to your neck of the woods Richard? It is located close to Lee's Summit Missouri.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I have been there several times. Raced a few times there as well. No leathers for me yet so no more racing. They have started to be much less lax on rules than before. U gonna go this Thursday?? They still having bike night on Thursdays???

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to try to run out there before the end of the year, but not sure when. It would be a long pull for me. Probably close to 5 hours one way. We'll see though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This poor hick ain't got no leathers, either! I have raced at KCIR - but the last time I did it on a bike was in 1986 (or maybe 1987?) on a 900 Ninja!! Also did a little racing in '93 with my Mustang GT, but that was pretty lame!

I'm in North Kansas City. Maybe you'd like to do a little racing on the street? I know of a couple of good spots that are available on the weekends!!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Hey Gary. Man I don't know. I heard the Po Po over there is arresting people for spectating. Several people on sportbikes.net got arrested a couple weeks ago for being parked along side the road watching some stunting going on. They got taken to jail and the bikes impounded. I dont need any of that action.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You're right - scratch the street racing idea! I've already done a little jail time due to that naughty 12R of mine. Don't want to do it again!!

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BAD ZX-12! BAD ZX-12! :mrgreen: Mine tries to do the same thing to me. :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts