Kawasaki World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.muzzys.com/ Muzzy billit cranks...

titaniumballedstickerlessperforatedsnorkleboogergreenslowerthanshitnowwithsomecfgreenmonstermobile.</p>

G

·
0 Posts
Mucho Dinero! The worst part about it is you gotta'

have the Big Bore kit also.

I wonder how many ponies this is good for.

</p>

·
Registered
222 Posts
1484cc DAMN..... holy shit man. Those are F-ing sweet. Just buy a 1270 kit and a crank and you are up to 1299. Man but 3500 just for the crank .....WOW.... but it will def hold up the nitrous or turbo or both......when i win the lotery....

</p>

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Actually, if you buy the big bore kit and Muzzy stroker crank (which is what I'm doing) you'll displace 1361 cc.

</p>

·
Registered
80 Posts
Has anyone looked into the bonneville box?

The Ultimate Green Machine</p>

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Blitz, With the big bore kit and Muzzy stroker crank, about what hp and torque does Muzzy claim? Thx.

</p>

G

·
0 Posts
actully, if you buy the 1270 kit and the 4.6mm stroke crank its 1375cc. if you use stock pistons and the crank its 1299cc.

</p>

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
actually Roy, its 1361 cc.

See: www.muzzys.com/ZX1361/index.html or below.

Mark - 210 is what Muzzy says. My bike is already pretty heavily modified, and I am expecting 215-220 or so.

Muzzys has created a new kit for the ZX-12 owner who just can't get enough! This kit includes everything you need to turn your ZX-12R into a 210 horsepower monster. Like wheelies? Over 120 lbs. ft. of torque at 7500 rpm ought to provide all you need. Want low end power for those "tough" situations? How about 100 hp at 5000 rpm? It's a straight shot from there to 210 hp at 10,000 until you hit the rev limiter! This is street-able controllable horsepower that creates a well mannered monster out of your ZX-12R. This kit contains everything you need. It is a true bolt in; no machine work is required. The pistons are compression specific for this stroke and give a street-able 13:1 compression ratio. The kit contains a crankshaft with a stroke increase of 4mm, special base spacer and gasket, 2.4mm oversize pistons, rings, clips, head gasket and a bored and re-plated cylinder. There is a core charge applicable to your crankshaft and cylinder. A Power Commander 3 (available separately) is required and an appropriate map is supplied with the kit. Price is an affordable $1,995.95

Update! -01/16/02

Improved welded stroker cranks

The Muzzy 59.4 mm "1361 kit" stroker cranks included in the 1361 kit now feature improved finishing with nitride surface hardening, a micro polished bearing surface finish, and precision balancing as standard. These improvements should enhance reliability and come at no additional cost to retail kit buyers. (Prices of individual crankshafts and 1270 upgrades are increased)

</p>

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Blitz, I mean... man, damn!!!! That's just toooooooo much fringin' hp for me!! I wouldn't mind a little more midrange hp and a lot more low end torque. But, this ol' coconut headed fool doesn't need THAT much juice.

</p>

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
When I bought the 12, I got such a good deal (as many of us did) that I bought it with the intention of spending the difference between it and my second choice on making a truly bad ass street bike.

I figure when its all done and said, including original purshase price and my current mods I'll have roughly 12.5k into it.

Not too bad for a bike that VERY few street driven bikes will ever stand a chance of running even remotely close to.

I could have went several directions when I purchased my 12. Originally I was looking at some very expensive Italian machinery (twins just don't do it for me), a gsxr1k (one of my best buddies has one, and I still think if not for the 12, that would be my bike), an R1 (too light and twitchy in front).... etc....

I just think the zx12 is the best performance bargain out there (although there ain't alot of them - 12s) and not for 1 minute have I regreted my decision to buy one!

</p>

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
If there were places around here I could take advantage of its power, I'd be doing the same, well, maybe. But, traffic is murder here and there aren't many places you can open it. If you get away from the traffic, then the roads aren't so straight. Plus, there are about 100 cops (Hi Alien) for every biker. They'll put a bullet in you for speeding. They hide all over the damn place and radio ahead to have you stopped. It definitely would make the top story on the news if a cop caught a bike doing 186 mph!! The sentence would be a hanging! BTW, if you are caught drag racing, they'll put a bullet in ya too and maybe take your ride Truth be known, you could hit a 100 to 125 mph on the country roads before you run out of room or can't see if a dog, old farmer, or something else is about to pull in front of you. Oh well... This is the first bike I've ever had that I haven't seen its top end. Makes me mad!

</p>

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Mark, bet there are some long straight roads somewhere outside the Black Hills! We'll have to do a recon run and find you the right spot.

</p>

G

·
0 Posts
actually blits, it is 1375,the crankshaft you are refering to is a 4mm stroke and that is 1361cc. the crank i am refering to is the new billet crank and it is a 4.6mm stroke,wich makes it a 1375.(with the 1270 piston kit). the 1361 is a stock crank ground off center.(also with the 1270 piston kit).

</p>

G

·
0 Posts
DOES ANYONE KNOW WICH OF THE TWO KITS WILL BE MORE RELIABLE FOR A EVERYDAY BIKE. I WANT THE POWER BUT DON'T WAN TO LOSE THE RELIABILITY

</p>

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Gotcha Roy, I think you and I are talking about two different things.

When I originally planned for the stroker kit (last August) The billet crank was not available. I am still correct as to 1361 if we are talking the reground crank, you are correct when talking the billet...

But, more importantly... $3700 for the billet crank alone?

Too rich for my blood! I'm sure for a hardcore racer, it's the way to go. For me? Nope, nada, uh-uh.

If I spent $3700 on just the crank, my wife would 1) bitch slap me silly 2) divorce me 3) take what little money I have left after buying the crank and 4) bitch slap me silly again.

I can guarantee one thing, the billet crank ain't in my future unless I either win the lottery or get divorced....LOL

</p>

G

·
0 Posts
cpxzx12r,if you want the most durable crank it will be the new billet crank,it is not ground off center wich makes it stronger.however like blitz said,it is terribly expensive! a little rich for my blood too!

</p>

1 - 19 of 19 Posts