Kawasaki World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a weekend....Started off Saturday with a trip to the track. Planned on just running time only passes when the guy at the gate screwed up and entered me into the bike class...Oh well looks like its time to get a lil more serious..I usually dont like running against bikes with wheelie bars and slicks but the class is about half full of those bikes..Guess it was my turn to get lucky.

To make a long story short is was pretty cool out most of the night..70's and high 60's at the end but still humid as hell...Ended up in the finals against a bared and slicked busa...Down came the rain and we ended up splitting the purse..This didnt bother me much because it was about 3am when we finally left the track. I ran 10.19-10.22 all night. Was hoping for a 9 sec pass but the 15mph head wind wasnt going to allow it..I took the $113 dollars instead.

Sunday at about 2 pm weather was perfect, lil breeze and temps in the upper 70's..Today was the day for me to come home with a 9 sec time slip. First pass was at about 4 or so. altitude was 2700 ft and my big ass still weighs about 230 with gear.
r/t .029 60ft 1.804 660ft 6.617 e/t 10.015 @ 144.473
Damn..so close..next pass
r/t .201 60ft 1.784 660ft 6.591 e/t 9.981 @ 145.031
WOOHOOO...Finally after a full season on the bike I have done it..I have finally met my goal...A 9-sumthin pass..I was so happy my 11 yr old son was so excited jumping up and down I knew before I ever saw the slip I had ran my number or was damn close. I tried to back it up but wasnt lucky enough..Last pass...r/t .161 60ft 1.810 660ft 6.634 e/t 10.033 @ 144.092. Oh well bumped the limiter in 1st gear..
Anyway $100 bucks happier and in the 9 SECOND club...WOOOHOO..

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man...Its been a long time coming..I love my 12...This is the first full season (riding and racing) that ive had the bike...Is it time for Kings NOS kit?..hmmmm

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im near Wichita Kansas..We race at International Raceway here in town. October 12 will be in Noble, Oklahoma for the PMRA Word finals. Got lucky last time there and went 3 rounds..Will see what happens next time. :)

·
Registered
18,614 Posts
I think I talked to you at the PMRA races in June. I had the red 2000 12 with ZX-12R.org stickers on the front upper fairing. I am going to try to come out to WIR before the end of the year. It will probably be the end of my clutch, but oh well. Let me know when you are going to be out there sometime and I will try to make it out as well. :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do Outsider..:)...Im usually out there every weekend. Ive got the Silver 01 with the stock swingarm. Sometimes there are a cpl other 12's out as well but both i believe have 6inch arms installed now..Grrrrr...LOL

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Noble pic

This is a pic from Thundervalley Raceway in Oklahoma last month..Cant wait to go back in October..WOOOHOOO...Hey Rich..loan me your bottle..lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts