Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning I had B2 Dynoed and am pretty pleased with the numbers the big bitch gave off. Max HP at back wheel was a respectful 173.9 HP. No wonder she is a handful out the road. Very happy boy!

TTFN, Dutchy.:thumbup::mfclap::clap:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your number seems low compared to the other ZX14R's I have seen.

Most ZX14R's here is the USA post 185 rwhp to 190 rwhp in stock setup.

Modded ZX14R's with full 4 into 1 exhaust, PowerCommander and custom fuel map are seeing 205+ rwhp.

But more important then peak HP is your Air/Fuel ratio.

Most dyno operators I know test for proper Air/Fuel ratio so that you are not running a lean/rich condition and you get optimum throttle response.

If you are running slip-on exhaust cannisters and an aftermarket air filter with out a custom fuel map, you are probably losing hp and potentially damaging your engine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mate we had a good look at the Air/Fuel ratio which was ok and within tolarances. The bike currently is pretty much stock except for the Two Brothers slip on carbon cans and a stock air filter. I intend to look at a Power Commander and a Two Brothers complete 4 into 1 in the future.
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds good Dutchy. I would suggest the Brocks exhaust package with Brocks custom maps already loaded onto the PowerCommander .

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Your number seems low compared to the other ZX14R's I have seen.

Most ZX14R's here is the USA post 185 rwhp to 190 rwhp in stock setup.

Modded ZX14R's with full 4 into 1 exhaust, PowerCommander and custom fuel map are seeing 205+ rwhp.

But more important then peak HP is your Air/Fuel ratio.

Most dyno operators I know test for proper Air/Fuel ratio so that you are not running a lean/rich condition and you get optimum throttle response.

If you are running slip-on exhaust cannisters and an aftermarket air filter with out a custom fuel map, you are probably losing hp and potentially damaging your engine.
Its a dyno dynamics dyno , it will read a lot less than a dynojet 250I .

·
Registered
498 Posts
Dutchy,
This seems pretty low mate,I did small mods to mine.
Power commander 5, full akropovic system and had it on a Fuchs dyno.
226 on the crank,205 on the back tyre,this was with minor fuel/air adjustments.
The only thing that stop us achieving more was the stupid Eco mode,I think ecu needs a reflash to rid the bike of this,however it will affect my warranty.
Let me know if you are doing anymore development work on it.
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts