Kawasaki World banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a while, too long! I asked a question in "What have you done with/to your bike today?) but its the wrong post for this stuff.
Thanks cmg.

Took my 55k bike apart, bought lots of parts and never re-assembled, divorced, most all parts into wppden crates except the valvespring base seats that evaporated.

Anyways, I started to fit it back together, before I take a pension and shouldnt be riding it?

I had bought a slight used overbore cylinder with JE pistons from a member here, kinda sad to see they how short skirted the pistons are, not against short skirts just not on pistons!
  • had detailed the pistons, yet to trial fit for PTH clearance.
  • crankshaft had gone to someone (falicon, ape, cant remember) for lightening, balance etc, - I had installed Crower rods on it. Found all new main bearings in a crate, surprise! didnt remember I bought them.
  • cylinder head went to UK for a port job while there on holiday, bought KW spring kit, guides, head studs
  • I have 2 sets of stock cams for the two intake setup and then came across some Kent Cams KAW28 (260/[email protected], .383/.360 lift) with adjustable sprockets. Which setup to use? - new cam chain, new oil pump, a backcut transmision - mine was hopping gears, various ceramic bearings, shifter star, billet basket.
  • have cleaned injectors + TBs sealed in plastic, Bear stacks, clean-air delete - sealed exhaust channels - should allow for O2 Auto-tune!
  • I modified a full Akro with a O2 bung and further down a Moroso pvc port to vacuum scavenge the crankcase.
  • I have a rewired PCV with O2 from a S1000RR, I had a second harness to butcher so I can remove it and put it (bluebelle) back to stock ecu if necessary. But I would think it will be a pig with all the other engine mods.

Its a road bike with Fri night test\tune fun at a track. Yes Ive spent a fair cent, but it was cheaper 5 years ago and ya dont notice over time. But now I feel guilty and dont wanna ride a 500 anymore.

Questions from me - How much PTH (Quench) ? No base gasket (zero deck) + .030 cometic?
- Ceramic coat piston heads, combustion chambers, exhaust ports? ( Im building a Turbo marine motor boat and its getting that treatment so....)

Tuning: What do I do? Pick an Akro map and let the O2 sensor have at er. I recall there is a AFR target map and it works to perfect that, what AFR.... 13.5 below 30% throttle, 13 to 50% and 12.5 after that?

Im all ears !!!
Answer what you know.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
1. Kent cams
2. .030 will shine the top of the pistons with the head.
3. Let’s see some pics of the build....lol

My stock A1 has a Davis Performance Inc Flash
PCV with auto tune. Runs excellent.

cmg

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
the short skirt forged pistons really like to rock in the bore and tag the head on the exh side. i would aim for 10-15 thou in the hole with a 30 thou hg for reliability.

use the bigger cams for sure

Reactions: color me gone

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Its been way too long, i didnt even get the bike right....its a B3. Its just a SS Akro.

The exhaust scavenger is like search
"MOR-25900" this will show an automotive dual exhaust kit. I just used the one way valve and made a little bird whistle fitting on the end just peaking into the exhaust stream to maximize the vacuum from it.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

Poor sad bikee waiting....
Fuel tank Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design

My exhaust check valve has a birds beak tube outlet into exhaust stream after my O2 sensor, the inlet comes from the crankcase vent outlet basically 3-5 cmH2O of vacuum applied to crankcase, we will see.
you can read the theory on the landracing.com forum.

Crank Balancer: The crank was balanced to 14K, matched rods and pistons - the S1000 pcV maps to 14K (I have to massage any 12r maps into it, cant just copy them in)
I have turned down the balancer weight to abut half, is that enough or do I just ditch it all together and put in a dummy shaft to maintain oil pressure?

Redline now? Who tweeks the 32bit cpu?

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I believe the balancer, handles the secondary imbalance of the inline 4cyl engine. Balancing the crank does not compensate for secondary imbalance. The secondary balancer does this. If you delete it the engine will be buzzy. No big deal if your drag racing. I opted to keep the balancer on my turbo. Nice and smooth.

cmg

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh!

maybe I should get another one since I turned 1/4" off its offset portion. It would be significant work to re-split the case just to replace that later!

·
Registered
dang ky bong88
3 Posts
[QUOTE = "color me gone, post: 712106, member: 32953"]
1. Kent cam
2. .030 sẽ chiếu sáng đỉnh của các piston với đầu.
3. Hãy xem một số bức ảnh của tòa nhà .... lol

Cổ phiếu A1 của tôi có đèn Flash Davis Performance Inc
PCV với chức năng tự động điều chỉnh. Chạy tuyệt vời.

cmg
[/TRÍCH DẪN]
1. Đăng ký bong88 nhận khuyến mãi 100% khi nạp tiền
2. Bong88 khuyến mãi 10% cho các tài khoản thành viên bong88 nạp tiền lần đầu và 10% khi nạp hàng thứ 2 và thứ 5 trong tuần Đăng ký bong888 , Đăng ký viva88
Đăng ký bong8899
3. Quý khách vui lòng nhập đúng số điện thoại và đánh dấu mục (*) is start.
4. Khách hàng sẽ nhận tài khoản chơi sau 2-5 phút khi đăng ký bong88 thành công. Uy tín - Minh bạch - Hỗ trợ 24/7 - Đăng ký tài khoản hoàn toàn miễn phí!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts