Kawasaki World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps, I know there have been many discussions regarding Caliper swap outs. Reading through I haven't seen anyone talking swapping out the 4 Pot Tokico's from a B4/B6 12 and going to ZZR1400 (ZX14R) Nissin's.

I'm told this is still a viable upgrade along with the Radial master cylinder form this bike too. So here's my question to the panel. The 14 has 310mm Discs the Radial equipped 12 has 300mm discs. It wasn't my intention to swap to 310mm discs (don't know if that's possible.

Do I need spacers for my calipers?. Apologies if this is a daft question I'm an IT guy and we have a saying about people like me..."He's got just enough knowledge to be dangerous" !

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
You must be blind ;)
There's plenty of posts regarding using the ZX14 Nissins.
You dont need any adapters when using the Nissin calipers on 300mm discs.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Haha no worries mate. There's a couple pics of my B6 with the NISSIN calipers and stock 300mm discs in the Pics thread at the top of the ZX12 section :thumbup:

I'm using a ZX6 radial master cylinder with a reservoir bracket from a Z1000SX to get the reservoir to sit on a good angle. I've also got Helibars, so I'm not quite sure how the clearances are with stock bars. Also using HEL braided lines to suit a ZX14

1 - 4 of 4 Posts