Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery box is a mess. PO jacked it all up and just shoved it all back in there. The shop manual isn't clear at all. Anybody willing to snap a few pics of their battery box wiring?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
my stuff is all cut up with stuff removed....

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
My battery box is a mess. PO jacked it all up and just shoved it all back in there. The shop manual isn't clear at all. Anybody willing to snap a few pics of their battery box wiring?

Thanks!
How about you shoot what yours looks like?

1. If your battery sits where it does, [because it only can go in one way], will a cable drop over the battery leads? Yes. No, I want to load the lead posts so they break and acid is all over the place so I need to do some stretching of the cables... We get the picture as how to look at cable lay?

2. If your battery is not secured some way, the cables can loosen up at the battery posts, let alone stress the multi plates inside. The bounce must be at a minimum, so here is where someone's mickey mouse move should never have made the attempt. Where is he? How do you put on your socks? See how simple that design was, but someone toejammed it in there. :puzzled:

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
red pos, black neg (obvi) big white plug goes to harness, same as the small plug, they fit in the metal holders right at the front. starter wire goes on that post at the front. the other end of the neg goes to the frame over the clutch but more towards the center of the case(on top)

·
Registered
329 Posts
While you have it out check the main fuse and make sure the fuse holder isn't melted this happened to mine and the spare one I had.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Start at the bottom of the photo, we move left to right and then work up.

1. Connector is hanging out of the steel cage, so that sort of fits in there when together.
2. Look at the hook between the two steel connector supports. That's where you hook that rubber strap over the battery. Where is the strap?
3. Look at the positive lead at that connector bolt is it? What is piggybacked there? Either way, make sure it's tight.
4. See how the round harness clip has that latch at the end? Study your disconnect designs. Nothing needs to be cut. Assembly line is snap together, not solder and tape shit up in a few seconds. Right?
5. Don't be afraid to bend the ground cable(s) to the point where the head is square if you lay it down on the battery post, as would the bend at the frame where the round end is straight out and down. You want to lay the cable that way so bend and slide the tray back in until you can pull the tray out, every bend clears.
6. The battery cables, posts, and parts, need either vaseline or dilectic grease, so the white/green stuff does not form around the posts, your nut/bolts are not welded together: with it rotting the threads within. So coat the treads too.
7. I'm going to assume you laced the battery strap thru that rectangle slot in the tray. We are up at the top and kind of done with what I see? At the bottom, those bends that stick out the farthest are bolted to the frame, yes?

Diss claim here: I've never worked on a 12, don't need to own one. Tray is tray. Bend away.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
If you intend to add any extra cables (Optimate etc) running the length of the battery it's most import you keep them well tucked in ideally on top rather than running them down the sides as you have or will see its tight get the battery in so you really need to keep the width as small as possible !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts