Kawasaki World banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all newby here:runaway: see some other riders from elseware here too,not riding my 09ZX14 rite now ,low speed stack June 14, surgery again in five days,just in case anyone is curious I've got 20 fractures to my right femur + shattered patella,not knowing I stood up then had the femure come through the side of my leg,anyway enough of my bs G'day to all.:thumbup:

· Registered
25,375 Posts
bean - Welcome here!! Sounds like you have a sense of humor about your "convergence with Terra Firma"... Good on ya!! :thumbup::thumbup:

· Registered
25,375 Posts
Cheers mate hey at 49 just as sensible (not lol) as when I was 16 ha ha
That silly sh*t leads to fractured femurs & shattered patellas ya know... :lol::lol:

You're in good company here... Many of our members have been "sacrificed on the altar of physics"... - 6 broken ribs & 2 crushed vertebrae for me, but it's all good - :crazyloco::crazyloco:

Good luck w/the upcoming surgery... :thumbup::thumbup:

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
CHEERS GO 200 hey met my wife in Hospital 1985 just after my dad died at 23, trying to see how quick I could get around this "S" BEND, @ 155 kmph around the second bend there were three lads that each threw a hand-full of stones my way (oh shit) is all I got to say,from that ALL I got was a 2" skin graft to my left knee an not much damage to my CBX750f and a wife,my best mate Goody sums bike riding up as "WE PAY FOR THE PRIVALEDGE" so true !! but hey it's great fun an most bike riders are great to meet up with on weekend runs.

· Registered
805 Posts
:welcome: to the forum bean07!:thumbup: I hope your surgery will be a massive success mate,most of us have as GO correctly stated:"sacrificed on the altar of physics". Mate of mine is still in hospital from the day after X-mass with a shattered hip,has to have the damn thing replaced,but must wait till the bone has sufficiently mended before attempting the hip replacement! Have a good one mate,your going to love this forum!:thumbup:

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
G'day kwakrider cheers mate as they say s__t happens thankyou all the same,hey if someone can help me out on post some photos as im computure dumn an dont have those URL codes near any of my photos? cheers if you can help.

· Registered
25,375 Posts
G'day kwakrider cheers mate as they say s__t happens thankyou all the same,hey if someone can help me out on post some photos as im computure dumn an dont have those URL codes near any of my photos? cheers if you can help.
Your picture needs to be "hosted" somewhere on the internet (like photobucket, etc.). You can also use any pic you find on the internet, as it would be similarly hosted.

When you find the hosted image you want to post, right-click on it & save the URL. This step will vary a bit depending on which browser you are using, but essentially they are similar. Paste the URL in your post sandwiched between tags[img]. These "[img]" or "image" tags tell the server that this is a pic. Otherwise, ir does not know.

You can also get the [img] tags around your URL by clicking on the [IMG]http://kawasakiworld.com/images/editor/insertimage.gif button above your text box when posting & pasting the URL in the space offered & clicking O.K.

It takes a bit of practice, but you'll figure it out!! :thumbup::thumbup:

EDIT - Like this!!

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mate from the other forum said "chicks dig scars" lol hey men 30 + years of boilermaking pubs,dirt bikes,hyposonic sport bike etc.ha ha tell ya pobably wont be the last injury i've had before I die.

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
well wishes

Thanks kwakrider thankfully after 8.5 months my time is nearly here just under three days things will finally improve got to thank you an all for positive replies I cant wait to be back riding fulltime again ya know fer sure when it's in yer blood it's there for life,I've said the only way to bring me back from the dead (?) just put my remains on a scooter an ill come back to life lol to get the b-astered that put me on it ha ha,got to say after my two CBR1100xx's and now my 09ZX1400 ninja theirs nothing like that orsam feeling of pure power:crazyloco: ill post for two days then hopefully again by Saturday,al things going well, thanks again cobbar these two forums im on healp heaps for mateship/learning/laughter/an seeing al boys are boys at heart an dont matter that im 49 as im the same:crazyloco: as always an dont think ill ever change my spots
:thefinger:

· Registered
805 Posts
Thanks kwakrider thankfully after 8.5 months my time is nearly here just under three days things will finally improve got to thank you an all for positive replies I cant wait to be back riding fulltime again ya know fer sure when it's in yer blood it's there for life,I've said the only way to bring me back from the dead (?) just put my remains on a scooter an ill come back to life lol to get the b-astered that put me on it ha ha,got to say after my two CBR1100xx's and now my 09ZX1400 ninja theirs nothing like that orsam feeling of pure power:crazyloco: ill post for two days then hopefully again by Saturday,al things going well, thanks again cobbar these two forums im on healp heaps for mateship/learning/laughter/an seeing al boys are boys at heart an dont matter that im 49 as im the same:crazyloco: as always an dont think ill ever change my spots
My pleasure mate, we are all kindred spirits here(read:equally mad)when it comes to biking! As you so correctly stated,once it's in your blood...there's no getting out!! I had my latest big off 2 years ago,still feeling the aches and pains,prob wont ever fully recover at age 50 but hey,hope springs eternal! Otherwise there's pain killers and anti-inflamo's.:thumbup::thumbup: Once again best of luck mate,hope to see you post real soon again with the good news that all went splendid,and your good to go!!:king::thumbup:

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.