Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On a French V-Twin Road Racer?

We were contacted by a French Road Racer because they are using ZX12R Throttle Bodies on their Bike. They are setting it up for the Isle of Man TT Road Race.

Since we do not have Any Velocity stacks Pierre asked me how many did I want him to make?

For sure we are going to make "2" for this Racer.

My Question is, anyone with either a 2000-2003 or 2004-2006 ZX12R want to have a set of BEAR RACING Velocity Stacks. I do not have a Price yet buy my guess would be around $200 plus Shipping.

I will keep this open for a few weeks and then let Pierre know how many sets to make.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I would be interested in a mixed set for my 2000 A1

Lou

work is crazy for me these days, so please send email/message when you need funds. I do not check forums as much as I used to. Thank You

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would be interested in a mixed set for my 2000 A1

Lou

work is crazy for me these days, so please send email/message when you need funds. I do not check forums as much as I used to. Thank You
Thanks Lou! I also do not look here as much as I used to!! Riding my ZRX1100 a lot more and so many other Irons in the Fire until I race the 12R again.

I understand wanting the Mixed because when we
Found that this was Better than the Long for the Lower Speeds and Lower RPMs. The only reason we did this was because after Making the Long and seeing the Top end suffer BUT still having a supply, we did some testing to see how to best use them. Now that we have exhausted the supply of Long Stacks, I do not think we will be making more!! Over all the Short were just too hard to improve on.

Saying that, we will be making the "2" Different Fittnent of the Short one to fit the Pre and After 2004 Throttle Bodies. So think it over and send me a PM on what you decide. (not too warm in Mass these Days! Why I moved to Fla)

·
Super Moderator
1,256 Posts
If you do change your mind, a set of Longs would be awesome for 2004 model....

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
The opposite actually....

Well the short stacks (purple)? Move your torque curve up... (More top end but bottom end suffers.)

The mixed stacks, two short two long. Improve hp throughout rev range(I think?)

Question for V hill...

I have muzzy gold stacks... I feel they are good for topend but are excessively flat at lower rpm...

If u already had muzzy short stacks would u still get the bear short stacks?

I'm leaning towards yes but wanted some second opinions...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I dithered too long on whether to buy a set of long Bear stacks from Scott earlier (my fault), missed out on a good opportunity to compliment my 1287 build!

If ever the longs do happen to materialise I think a mixed set would be great.

Another 'one that got away' moment :tard:

Don.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
With the torque of the big bore I'd def want the short stacks to unleash hell up top.

No opinions? Bear Shorty's vs muzzy? Nobody tried both? In stock displacement?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
There are a Lot of Kawasaki Web Sites and some with ZX12R Section. If this Forum is Not at the Top of all of them on your list, then the Worst place it could finish in any race is a Tie For FIRST! This is what BEAR Racing Says about this Forum. It is also the Only Place that has Ever sold BEAR Racing Products.

Now about the Stacks for the New People. Trust what the Others are saying about the Long and Short and Mixed. First, the Short are 5 MM shorter than the distorted Rubber stacks in the Stock bikes. The Long are 5 MM Longer than Stock. We made a Batch of Long for Bottom End and Top end Power and Speed was not improved. Just for Grins we put the 2 Short on 1&4 and the Long on 2&3 to see what would happen and found a Good Balance for Street but not for Racing and Peak Power. On the Dyno, the Short will show between 1.5 to 3.5 HP. At Speed (Read over 150 mph) they make about 7 to 8 HP AND at 200 MPH they make about 12-14 HP. (That is the amount of HP needed to increase Speed from 196/197 to 201/202 MPH with no other Modifications.) Also, these Stacks are the Only way to seal the Airbox when people are turbo and Supercharging these engines.

After seeing the 2 mm Lip that decreased the Throttle body size we first thought "THIS" is how Kawasaki detuned the first 12R's.

So seeing how the Wind is blowing, I will ask Pierre if he feels like setting up to make 5 sets of Long. The Long use a Lot more Metal and take a little longer to Produce. (This is the Smallest amount he can produce at a Reasonable Price. My Guess is that Long Only will cost about $250, Short $200 and Mixed $225. I will know more when we have a better Picture of how many are Needed. Since these most likely will not be produced until February or Early March, let us see about how many people are interested and in what to even see if this can Happen. The Magic Number is 10. Any less than this it cannot happen.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
After talking with KZScott I am presuming all short won't make that much of a difference in sacrificing a small amount of low/midrange grunt for better top end, given I have a JE 1287 kit with Carrillo rods and the builders version of stage 2 head? I also presume a mixed set as you have just described would still yield good top end with my build - I also have the rev extend to 12,500rpm.

Thanks Vincent for setting this up too :thumbup:

Don.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
All short here, no issues and no problems. Bike rides the same around the street and screams at the track.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
My setup.... BEAR Short Stacks, BMC Race Air Filters, and a Muzzy Stealth kit... all artifacts in my 16 year old green dinosaur, named H2Slayer...

1 - 20 of 554 Posts