Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at some bearing kits online, to my surprise ebay actually had some decent brands so it would seem. I'm trying to avoid some of the cheaper Chinese imported bearings. I hear good things about the Japanese parts, so what does everyone think about these?

In the states:
Japanese Rear Wheel Bearings Seals Kit Kawasaki zx12r ZX1200 Ninja 2004 2005 | eBay

Across the pond, but I might buy them yet.
Kawasaki zx12r 00 03 Koyo Complete Front Rear Wheel Bearings and Seal Kit | eBay

I'm looking to buy bearings and seals in one shot. I've searched here quite a bit. I have all the numbers for the vv series one warp used (bearing works). I think I want to maintain a full contact seal. I don't have any bearing dealers local. There are two within a couple hours, one only carries "open" unsealed units and the other (grainger) wants around $30 a piece and they said they cant guarantee they aren't Chinese import.

Thanks,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey bud,

Don't know if this will help you, but I've just replaced all the bearings on my bike with new ones. I only had to order 1x Needle Bearing that my local dealers couldn't find anywhere else. On my KLR I've decided to go with Koyo and went to the dealer to check on the ones I had in mind for the ZX and decided to go with the Chinese versions of the bearings. They looked exactly the same, and the needle bearings had metal separators instead of the plastic ones.

I was really impressed, and I will never go back to buying named bearings. If you need the sizes just scream. I've seen a lot of places on your side of the world where you can order the bearings and oil seals separately.

BTW: Kawa quoted me ZAR1800 ($180) for all the bearings where I got away with buying all the bearings and oil seals for ZAR650 ($65)

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I would never trust anything else other than branded bearings in my bike....bit differnent on something less speedy but do you really fancy riding at 100 with Chinese metal holding yur wheels together ?....not for me.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey bud,

Don't know if this will help you, but I've just replaced all the bearings on my bike with new ones. I only had to order 1x Needle Bearing that my local dealers couldn't find anywhere else. On my KLR I've decided to go with Koyo and went to the dealer to check on the ones I had in mind for the ZX and decided to go with the Chinese versions of the bearings. They looked exactly the same, and the needle bearings had metal separators instead of the plastic ones.

I was really impressed, and I will never go back to buying named bearings. If you need the sizes just scream. I've seen a lot of places on your side of the world where you can order the bearings and oil seals separately.

BTW: Kawa quoted me ZAR1800 ($180) for all the bearings where I got away with buying all the bearings and oil seals for ZAR650 ($65)
Thanks for the offer man, I'll keep that in mind. I've looked at alot of industrial suppliers. Its kind of opened my eyes what I pivotal part of everything bearings are; so many applications.

I would never trust anything else other than branded bearings in my bike....bit differnent on something less speedy but do you really fancy riding at 100 with Chinese metal holding yur wheels together ?....not for me.
I hear that, that's why I was looking for the ones guaranteed to be top japanese imports or US made. I emailed these guys on ebay about some other bearing fitments and they got right back with me. Think I'm going that rout (the nachi quest). I'll post up when they come in.

Keep the feedback coming. Thanks,

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
It's been a while since I replaced mine but the oem bearings we not that much more when I did it. For reason of safety i stuck with the oem.
Lou

·
Registered
1,462 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
koyo bearings can't go wrong with these been using them for years even when sat for long periods couple of turns & there like brand new.
:thumbup:Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts