Kawasaki World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the best battery to buy for a stock 2004 zx12r? Altough I do plan on adding a power commander and a set of akropovic headers and exhaust can.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
what application?

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
stock or?.....

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I have a Batteries Plus AGM in my 2000. It was the battery that was in the bike when I bought it in 2008 and still cranks the bike like a hero. Best damn bike battery I ever seen actually. 5 years and going strong. Proper care is crucial to any battery, but this one has been my hero in the battery world. Even cranks the bike no problem in the dead of winter below zero like it's 70 degrees outside. Damn fine battery.

·
Read Only
1,445 Posts
I use a Shorai in my R1. It ran about $125, requires a special charger $75, and has a 2 or 3yr warranty. It is also 6lbs less than the stock Yuasa.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I run a Ballistic EVO2 12cell - bought used, going on two years now no issues

I bought the B6 charger (the oem of Ballistics own charger) cheap off Amazon to do the balance charging etc

so much power for so little weight, had to make a plastic/foam cage for it since it is so much smaller than the SLA

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Oh no. Bike goes like a raped ape. Compression good. The battery is just that tuff. Ok...so maybe not like 70 degrees out...maybe more like 62 and cloudy....:lol:. It whirls pretty good in the dead of winter, but I didn't even try it in this snap we just had. I plan on firing her up this week to get some oil circulated thru the motor tho. Ain't started it since I parked it in October.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Still on stock original battery looked after by an Optimate 2....she started up first press the other day after at least 2 months being parked up....cannot fault the stock battery done well to last from 2005.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Oh no. Bike goes like a raped ape. Compression good. The battery is just that tuff. Ok...so maybe not like 70 degrees out...maybe more like 62 and cloudy....:lol:. It whirls pretty good in the dead of winter, but I didn't even try it in this snap we just had. I plan on firing her up this week to get some oil circulated thru the motor tho. Ain't started it since I parked it in October.
Lol... I was just pulling your leg. But Hubz definitely wants you to do the comp test.

Now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts