Kawasaki World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Can't speak for the gel or air cushioned seats, but I have the Corbin seat. As hard as it looks/feels, it is actually ideal for long distance riding. I know the standard seat will compress over long rides and you feel its subframe pressing on inner thighs. The Corbin doesn't 'give' so to speak, so it doesn't cause those pressure points, but gives an even spread of body weight. I have done several longer distance rides over the years of having it (few hundred kms/miles at a time), and even on the track at track day rides - though this is where it does slightly impede body transfer in corners when trying to lean off a bit, but not too much.

Don.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't speak for the gel or air cushioned seats, but I have the Corbin seat. As hard as it looks/feels, it is actually ideal for long distance riding. I know the standard seat will compress over long rides and you feel its subframe pressing on inner thighs. The Corbin doesn't 'give' so to speak, so it doesn't cause those pressure points, but gives an even spread of body weight. I have done several longer distance rides over the years of having it (few hundred kms/miles at a time), and even on the track at track day rides - though this is where it does slightly impede body transfer in corners when trying to lean off a bit, but not too much.

Don.
Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts