Kawasaki World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stuck in the flatlands of South Jersey and was planning a weekend jaunt with the bikes. What's the best ride you've ever been on? What advise would you give a greenhorn as far as trailering and prep for such a trip. :arrow:

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Bring it down to deal's gap this weekend The great Smokie mountain's.

Best damm area on the east coast.

·
Registered
703 Posts
The group ride in South Dakota earlier this year was the best I've been on ........BY FAR!!!

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Yep

Black Hills, SD. Good people, good food, good curves, good motorcycles...

Definitely a do-over for 2003.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Deals Gap was worth the trip, and I hope to do it again in 2003. Absolutely the best ride of my life. You will either come back with buggered up tires and all new riding skills, or you will be bit by the dragon.

Warning.... touch up on your mid corner correction and hard braking technique before you go down there. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Oh my... I've found plenty of outstanding roads around the Rock Store and along the coast of Southern California, South Dakota's Black Hills have some outragous turns that are in excess of 360 degrees (loops around an overpass to get up a hill), Deals Gap will put a grin on your face with the famous 318 turns in 11 miles. Southern Utah has outstanding formations that leave you breathless, Colorado has the Rockys to get you high. Arizona and Southern New Mexico have some very unknown roads that will rival anything anywhere for the thrill factor. Upstate New York is pretty with the lakes and the winerys while you may find an aligator lying on the road in Florida. There are the Great Falls in Ontario and Alberta Canada has Banff. Montana has Glacier National park just to name a few I've had the pleasure of riding. Just to keep it real interesting I've even done the Great Ocean Road in Southern Austrailia and rode the coast from Barcelona Spain along the Mederianian across the bottom of France and visited some old castles along the way (oh wow).

I've been lucky and been able to see a lot of places and I'm always on the lookout for another outstanding Motorcycle road. If you look in the right places you can't go wrong... The real point being, I'm still looking for another great road :D

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
anywhere from the north west....all the way across to New Brunswick Canada. Points of interest...Deals gap, smokie mountains, blue ridge parkway, national parks, Aderondacks, The green mountains and white mountains...theres alot to see and riding from home is the way to go.

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
She was 22 and I was 35. I was between marriages. She was 36Dx22x34 and a hard body. Oh well...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice Mark but how did she react to your hard braking? Hey Voz I used the bolts that hold the helmet cables in place in the trunk, let me know if you need the part number. They are listed in the schematic on the Kwak website.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
What was Debi's email address again???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I'd have to throw in the S. Dak. Black Hills trip as a group ride. Met some good people, put some faces with the names, all had a good time.. Could pass on the hail storm with no helmet, but definetly had fun. As far as two up riding with my wife, stayed in Cody Wy., rode in and out of Yellowstone area, Beartooth Pass from Red Lodge.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Best ride??? Everybody here knows what the best ride is................. Bogus Sunday Rides... more later :lol: :lol:

Dave is still alive and well, said he was just taking a 'short respite from motorcycling' He said he was planning a ride this Sunday. I might join up with him again this weekend... more later :lol: :lol:

BTW, for all you NEW guys.... stick around, you'll catch on.... more later 8)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts