Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i just bought my twelve, rode it once, and now cant stop dreaming, wanted ur opinion on best way to go for most rewarding bike.

High rev stock bore lightweight cylinders?

Stock bore nitrous pistons with 60/80 wet shot for when u need it?

Turbo twelve?

Big cc kit?

I want to beat everything but have the rideability of stock...

Maybe like an easy to ride 240 crank hp. No fuss. Even possible?

U know like a tame monster? Lol ive ridden the twelve one full day and already i want to modify her until she becomes unpractical...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ping KZScott and ask him about the stealth turbo kit that he and I talked about. Far more rideable than the setup I went for I would think. I have a what I would call a race bike built to take a fair shot of n20. It looks and sound stock. It really is too much for the street. Be careful what you ask for from Scott because you will get it. Redsled.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds exactly like what i want. A super fast twelve off bottle... Like at least 210 hp. At tire.
Then a 40 or 50 or more wet shot... U know for when 210 just isnt fast enough...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Keep in mind that you will have 6 to 7 grand in parts and then add labor. That goes a long way toward a 14r. A built 12r will run with a stock 14r, a turbo 12 well just call Scott for that. A 200 rwhp bike on the street without tc or abs is a bitch to ride. A fun bitch but still a bitch nonetheless. Redsled.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Sounds exactly like what i want. A super fast twelve off bottle... Like at least 210 hp. At tire.
Then a 40 or 50 or more wet shot... U know for when 210 just isnt fast enough...
colormegone has a street 12R that made like 199-200rwhp, stock 1199cc bottom end but a heavily worked head by Carpenter Motors and their cams. Pretty sure you can search for his thread about it, he's got dyno sheets posted. I don't see why a 1287cc kit on top of that wouldn't produce 210+rwhp N/A. But like redsled said, that's a whole lot of coin on parts and labor. All that money, plus the cost of a 12R, you can have a 14R which is that fast, STOCK, more reliable, more room to grow for more power, better technology, brakes, trans, etc. But hey... it's only money right?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unless i can put 12r fairings in the ugly pig 14... Ima stick with my twelve. Forever. So its worth the money...

Tc for pussys with no throttle control

Abs, lol

Whats abs...

Ive owned 41 bikes, ive never had abs in a single one. My only accident? Lane splitting ignorant woman cut me off.

Cmgs build sounds like what i want. Also would have to have a turbo twelve, oh and a nitrous one also... Man talk about expensive.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
So you dont have money to fix your cracked fairings, how are you going to afford to go fast and do it properly?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Unless i can put 12r fairings in the ugly pig 14... Ima stick with my twelve. Forever. So its worth the money...

Tc for pussys with no throttle control

Abs, lol

Whats abs...

Ive owned 41 bikes, ive never had abs in a single one. My only accident? Lane splitting ignorant woman cut me off.

Cmgs build sounds like what i want. Also would have to have a turbo twelve, oh and a nitrous one also... Man talk about expensive.
The looks of the 14R are growing on me, but I hear ya, I'll never sell my 12R.

Here is a link to some of his threads that are worth a read...

http://kawasakiworld.com/zx-12r/45768-prep-12-racing.html

Oh and it was 204rwhp...
http://kawasakiworld.com/zx-12r/50557-alisyn-0wt-oil-petron-additive.html

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I already am looking for replacement fairings. As far as going fast, owning a zx12 was once a dream, now that i have checked it off the list of shit to do.... I need to dream up the next goals.

They involve beating my uncles 996 turbo with 750 awhp..... Hes rich, with my low dollar everymans rocketship...the zx12...

Going 180... Waiting for a full leather suit, i have kids...

Go 190. I weigh 190 on a good day suited up, can i do it with my boltons? I needa derestrict first... Maybe can do it.

And again the fairing crack is small... But im all for safety so yeah.

Go 200...

Go 210

Go 220...

Etc...

And i wanna try and keep the bike street-able.

I was leaning towards stock bottom end with nitrous pistons... Maybe headwork...and a big shot for ehm.... When needed.

Again all eventually.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I already am looking for replacement fairings. As far as going fast, owning a zx12 was once a dream, now that i have checked it off the list of shit to do.... I need to dream up the next goals.

They involve beating my uncles 996 turbo with 750 awhp..... Hes rich, with my low dollar everymans rocketship...the zx12...

Going 180... Waiting for a full leather suit, i have kids...

Go 190. I weigh 190 on a good day suited up, can i do it with my boltons? I needa derestrict first... Maybe can do it.

And again the fairing crack is small... But im all for safety so yeah.

Go 200...

Go 210

Go 220...

Etc...

And i wanna try and keep the bike street-able.

I was leaning towards stock bottom end with nitrous pistons... Maybe headwork...and a big shot for ehm.... When needed.

Again all eventually.
I noticed you are in San Fran... I just spent the last two years in Monterey.... all my stuff is still there (including my 12R) but I'm currently out of state. I'm only coming back the first week of May to pack up my stuff and move to CO.

I do know of a real choice spot for doing top speed runs. If you want the 411 shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
OK so what I mean is like 240 HP with a useable power band. I don't want some drag bike that only works for 3000 rpm and is unuseable on the street....

I see 1000 turbos with 350 plus HP so I don't know why my 240 HP means I want to die LOL.

The ktm vfour race engine puts out around 250 HP.

That's where I get the power goal.

Cmg build is pretty close to my goals actually.... 200 HP at wheels is pretty much 230-240 at crank...

The only question I have is why does cmg say be careful what u ask kz scott? Is his 200 HP bike not fun to ride? Why? Power delivery is too unpredictable?

I mean the twelve at least mine is not the smoothest throttle response.... I could imagine more hp would make it even snatchier? But when Ur finally In a straight line and the bikes upright... isn't it worth it?
also to most ppl owning a 1000 cc means u wanna die... doesn't everyone with a 1200plus cc bike wanna ... die? /go fast?

I've always been addicted to speed. And to winning a race. So yeah. I don't intend to die.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I think he means, if you start asking KZScott about big HP, KZ is gonna talk you into buying a turbo kit from him so you'll end up emptying your wallet and your kids college fund, LOL.

As already stated, you could do 200rwhp on motor. But it's gonna cost ya some change. A turbo kit is expensive as well. No matter how you cut it, if you want good reliable HP it's not going to be cheap. Don't forget stuff like mandatory upgrades to your fuel system, clutch, clutch basket, and transmission.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I asked Scott for a bike that would be fast as hell all motor and still take a big shot of n20. It did over 200 in the mile and 205.7 in the 1.5 with stock gearing. It could still be run on 87 octane gas at that. The bottom end power was like that of a stock bike but with more mid and top end. The new build is a whole different bike. Its has the compression to feed the big heads and cams. The bottom end is crazy.
Cmg bike was a top end only kind of deal. He told me the bottom end power was not there with the low compression and big cams and head.
Now back to the Redsled, Just the heads and cams and pistons will run you 5 grand new
not even getting to the 1800.00 youll have in the tranny and clutch. Dont forget datta logging and new fuel system, bore and plate the block. Oh a tires oh dont forget them.
200 rwhp at peak is fine but when you add a shit load of power down low its gets hard to ride real fast. A turbo would be more street friendly imo.
Why do I say be carefull of what you ask of Scott, He call my bike a little hoped up street bike. His weekend ride does over 170 in 1/4 spinning the whole goddamn way.Redsled

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
OK so what I mean is like 240 HP with a useable power band. I don't want some drag bike that only works for 3000 rpm and is unuseable on the street....

I see 1000 turbos with 350 plus HP so I don't know why my 240 HP means I want to die LOL.

The ktm vfour race engine puts out around 250 HP.

That's where I get the power goal.

Cmg build is pretty close to my goals actually.... 200 HP at wheels is pretty much 230-240 at crank...

The only question I have is why does cmg say be careful what u ask kz scott? Is his 200 HP bike not fun to ride? Why? Power delivery is too unpredictable?

I mean the twelve at least mine is not the smoothest throttle response.... I could imagine more hp would make it even snatchier? But when Ur finally In a straight line and the bikes upright... isn't it worth it?
also to most ppl owning a 1000 cc means u wanna die... doesn't everyone with a 1200plus cc bike wanna ... die? /go fast?

I've always been addicted to speed. And to winning a race. So yeah. I don't intend to die.
quoted the wrong post. Meant to point to not wanting to spend money on fairings.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Trying to save money is not the same as not having it. I just settle 17 grand for ignorant woman driver who hit me while commuting to work...

If i wanted to could do it all.... Am i going to yes, not yet.

Redsled what ur describing is what i want. Huge torque crazy power. But linear power curve so u can still hang on... Kinda

Ima enjoy my twelve stock, ima bounce off the restrictor a few times... Then eliminate that and go for top speed... Enjoy that and then

Only then ill look into pistons heads and cam work. I didnt know tranny needed reinforcement, i know clutch needed to be...

Redsled, would u prefer less power from what kz scott built you?

Imho to each his own, some people say if u wanna do 250 u have death wish,

Before i die i wanna break motorcycle top speed land speed record. 376mph?

U can bet ill be 80 before i hit green button on my rocket jet bike though....

So is there really too much power?.

Not for me.

There is for the street, im looking for as much power as is barely barely streetable...

Imagine a ducati moto gp bike, wi full power but no electronics. Kinda like that but with a slightly friendly edge...? Does it make sense?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts