Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rubber is getting low and will need replacing, its worn in a way that i think the previous owner liked going round round-a-bouts a lot.

At present it has 120/70 and 190/55 s20 Battleax. Happy with these but the new suggestion from Bridgestone (UK) is the 120/70 s21 and 200/50 s20 Battleax sounds good. Another idea this time from Bridgestone worldwide was the new s22 Battleax.

Ive not heard any reports on the s22 other than loads of grip but they might not last.

So what is the general opinion on tyres for the zx12.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Been running Pirelli Diablo Corsa III, great tires and I really like them. Heat up fast, more grip than I´ll probably ever be able to use, work well in the wet...
Only "issue" is that the rear tire is done after about 4000-4500Km spirited riding.
Front 35.5-36 Psi and rear 37-37.5 Psi.

I´m gonna try out the Bridgestone S22 come season 2020

/Tom >:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I am a latecomer to this thread but I just wanted to chip in my thoughts.

The S20 (and then S21 and now S22) are all good tyres but the ZX-12R definitely puts some strain on that rear.

If you like Bridgestone then I'd recommend going for a Sports Touring tyre, like the T31 ---> Bridgestone T31 & T31 GT

They warm up quickly, offer loads of grip for fast road riding but the important thing is they wear far better. You'll get at least 25% more miles from the rear.

·
Registered
18,639 Posts
My suggestion of Shinko 003 Hookups probably wouldn't be a good choice for you.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
Been rolling on Bridgestone S22 season 2020. Honestly can't say I felt much difference to the Pirelli Diablo Corsa III. The main difference is that I got about 6000km from the S22 rear tire before I had to change it, front tire still has about ½ left. I only got just over 4000km from the Corsa III rear tire. I ride rather spirited. Depending on outside temp I keep the tire pressures F 36,5-37,5 and R 36-37 Psi. Because I have two sets of wheels now I plan on mounting a set of touring tires on the OEM wheels. Had planed a ride through Europe this summer, but Covid messed that up...

Tom 😀

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not sure how much my recommendation is worth but I decided on michelin pilot power 2CT tires. I went with the 190 size in the back. All in front and rear from bike bandit $288 shipped. The bike feels fantastic but I probly have less than 200 miles on them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
going to try Pirelli Angel Gt 2 A's front and rear after watching my son get 25000 km on his zx14 and he was told to get the a's for the heaver bikes and he rides like it's a 1000cc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts