Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I bought a model of my zx12 at the tail end of last year.

It has taken me about three months so far 2 to 3 of hours a week or so, last time I made one was many moons ago a katana 750 but never did finish the front end I become bored like many other people :crackup: I will try and finish this one before summer.

Painting takes the longest part but I am really enjoying it nice and relaxing if you take your time.

Fitted the radiator tonight rear wheel is next by the looks of the destructions :banghead:

·
Registered
136 Posts
my lovely partner bought me this very same model kit for christmas.. I've just finished the Tamiya Ducati 888 kit but won't make a start on the 12R just yet. I bought the candy lime green paint for it last week. The pic you posted looks great.. keep the updates coming :thumbup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my lovely partner bought me this very same model kit for christmas.. I've just finished the Tamiya Ducati 888 kit but won't make a start on the 12R just yet. I bought the candy lime green paint for it last week. The pic you posted looks great.. keep the updates coming :thumbup:
The model comes with clear candy green fairing I want to paint solid also.

Which paint did you buy please ? colour code e.t.c

I will keep the post updated just need to pull my finger out and do some more :lol:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Sigh, I have like 3-4 nice motorcycle models to finish. ZX12R, a KR1000F, KR500 and a GPz 400. Probably never get them all done.. And 2 big fiber optic lit Star Trek models....

·
Registered
136 Posts
The model comes with clear candy green fairing I want to paint solid also.

Which paint did you buy please ? colour code e.t.c

I will keep the post updated just need to pull my finger out and do some more :lol:
the Tamiya paint colour codes are in the instructions. Candy lime green is TS-52, it is a spray can. there is no pearl purplish black available so I am trying to decide if I will go with a gun metal grey or semi gloss black bellypan at this stage..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the Tamiya paint colour codes are in the instructions. Candy lime green is TS-52, it is a spray can. there is no pearl purplish black available so I am trying to decide if I will go with a gun metal grey or semi gloss black bellypan at this stage..
Cheers I missed that because the kit has the clear candy parts I assumed they thought people would build it this way I did not think to check :lol: thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
the paint info for the multiple schemes is shown in a breakout box below the paint list with two codes representing the upper main colour and the lower colour for each scheme..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts