Kawasaki World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well sat. morning about 8am i decided to take a farewell ride between 2 towns. I got on to an old hwy between the 2 towns and got in it... the speedo hit 200(couldn;t have been more than 55mph :wink: ) and i let off. I then thought this is the last chance i have to see what she will do...... So i clicked down a couple gears and laid on it again.... up to 220 she went without even blinking. before this the fastest i had her was 180 indicated. it was about at 11200 on the tach.... I wish i had more room to hit the limiter at 11800..... But by this time i was at the end of the 6 mile stretch :shock: ..... RECAP.....Take it up to 200/ let off/ take it up to 220/ let off.... Boom 6 miles down the road..... but this is just indicated... probably about 185 actual..... I am gonna miss the old girl.:( I may have to buy another 12 someday.

It was really a sad sight when my baby got loaded up into the back of another truck.:cry: I think i was wrong to sell the 12 but i am just going to hold out for the 10. i probably won't buy another personal bike until then....:cool

:cry:

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

So the not so mello-yello is gone huh?..... I remember when everyone was saying you were crazy for getting it with all the work it needed.... You'll be back :D But in the mean time dont be a stranger!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
:( :( :( hey beau,sorry to hear 'bout ya getting rid of your mellow yellow 12...did you happen to tell the new owner 'bout this site...like y-not said,dont be a stranger..later...reddawg:eek:

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Definitely stay around Beau, once a member, always a member - zx12 or not!

Every really good vehicle you own in life leaves a little mark on you.

You're young, but trust me when you get some years under your belt, it'll be hard to remember all the vehicles you've owned, but the really good ones you never forget.

I'm pretty sure your 12 (especially since you brought it back to life) will be one of those vehicles you remember fondly for the rest of your life.

Hope your next bike gives you just as much joy and more!

- Blitz

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I couldnt imagine the way you were feeling when you loaded that baby up on somebody elses bed. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about if it was me!! :( and I didnt build mine from scratch either. But really, dont be a stranger Beau !!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Better that way then this way....

This was my baby before the wreck....

Baby after the wreck..

Now that will bring a tear to your eye.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello Redbusakiller,
What happened to your beauty red bike? :cry:

If you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Don't leave us too

BeauLauber Don't leave us bro. Hang out"

I lost mine on a Saturday and by Thursday I had a another. I could'nt see myself on anything but a 12. It must be hard Beau.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Hate to see Ol Yellow go. You sure did a nice job getting it all together.
Hope you stick around and wait to rub the new 10 in our face. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
HappyCamper: Thats what happens when a car hits you head on at about 50mph.... :twisted:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
'busakiller

Man, what a coincidence! I was just wondering how you were doing and if you'd follow us to the new forum. How goes the recovery?

tslewisz

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn... Talk about a tear jerker of a thread.... :cry: :cry: I didn't die i just got rid of the 12 for a minute.... :D .

I can't say that i will or won't have a 12 in the near future. I will still be hanging around here... Bikes and motorsports are part of my life and sites like these are one of the reasons i enjoy motorcycles.....

Old yeller will be missed.

Your right redbusa that would make me real sad if old yeller had to go like that..... :cry:

And yes hopefully the zx10 will have 160rwhp and spank some 12's... :lol: :lol: :shock:

·
Registered
993 Posts
I know the guy that bought your yello 12, he and I have been riding together since we were 8 years old. I upgraded to a 12 from a 7 about 4 months ago, and he rode one time before finding your yello mellow. It will be well taken care.

·
Registered
31 Posts
tslewisz: I'm getting along good... I'm still in therapy trying to get my legs to bend more... I can only bend 90 degrees right now with both legs..I'm up walking and driving but not back on my GSXR 750... I know I know it's not a 12 :( Ok.... Now a Question for all you guys.... I lost my left arm from my elbow down... I can move my clutch over to the right side but i also want my front brakes... Any help or ideas would be much appreciated...

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Maybe this is possible.... Split levers like two finger levers on dirt bikes since they are cable.... Your clutch could be on the right side but only a two finger style lever then under it could be a complete front brake lever.... Thus having both on the right side.... Kinda a twin perch setup.... Just hoping to help... There HAS to be a way......

·
Registered
18,647 Posts
Some of the road racers have thumb activated rear brakes. I think Mick Doohan was the first to that. Could something like that be done with a clutch lever?? I agree with Richard, There has to be a way!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts