Kawasaki World banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
would have bin interesting ,some guys wanted dry and some wet blocks tall and short decks.so manufacture was willing to build different blocks for a total of 10 wow good deal would have saved the a lot work to make this block to work on the long rod motor.i could be the 7th if it ever take off

·
Registered
394 Posts
were these going to be a weld up design like the muzzy 87mm?
weld up. where they not solid blocks the muzzy, back in the day like 92 I had a 1000r ninja with a super bike mike air cooled block 1170cc would he be the manufacture of these blocks

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
the 87mm billet muzzy block is made in 2 pieces, welded together, then finished.

ZX-12 Big Bore Kit from Muzzys

the turbo 84mm blocks were solid, and damn near "dry"

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
they weld up the top after one phase of machining, then move on to more machining. thats how they make the water jackets

·
Registered
575 Posts
Weld up woud be the way to go for wet. The 'drier' turbo or grudge block would be quite simple.
No way SBM would get any of my business; he still owes me $ and parts.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Weld up woud be the way to go for wet. The 'drier' turbo or grudge block would be quite simple.
No way SBM would get any of my business; he still owes me $ and parts.
herd some bad storys about sbm, back then I called him he brought the block to the track.thats how that deal worked

·
Registered
6,336 Posts

this block was on the verge of overheating all the time, and would if the bike was ran too long before a pass. theres just next to no cooling flow. that was a low cr turbo setup that was running on pump gas, with water meth injection. full size stock rad. muzzy fan

same block and pistons, put together with more cr and running a mix of mostly methanol and pump gas, with 2/3 of a rad.... and all my heat issues went away :). love alchy fuels

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
CMG might be down for #8??

·
Registered
6,336 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
OK - we need a head count of people who would are serious about a block.
Anticipate a cost of $1000-$1300 semi dry and $1200-1500 wet.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Im interested in a wet block, Im guessing CMG is in for the same thing. but by wet i mean full cooling, not like the turbo block. made thicker would be ok too, not sure why they did the "fins"

21 - 40 of 63 Posts