Kawasaki World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my clutch basket broke on my -00. Found a used from a low mileage -00. Now I´m looking into getting a billet basket. The few companies here in Sweden don´t sell them anymore. Found some north of Mexico but they seem to want a 03-05 base to be sent in.

Do you guys know of any company that sells baskets that can be mounted on -00 base? Or maybe a complete billet.
Or if someone have moved on to zx14 or H2 and have spare parts lying around?

I´m not going to dragrace or anything but if I broke one I will probably break the "new" clutch too. Would sleep easier if I had a billet in there.

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
mtc :thumbup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweeeeeet!

On MTC:s website I found that they actually have two dealers here in Sweden and the best part is that one of them is in my town.

RG engineering. Super nice guy that knows his shit.

This is the guy doing his thing. :nerd:

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
BTW are the clutch baskets on 03-05 that much better or are they also weak?
still a really thin piece of cast aluminum. thicker billet is far superior.

Reactions: Yamazuki

·
Registered
2 Posts
ZX12R 01 clutch basket issue
I have an issue on my ZX12R 01 and have taken the clutch basket off. There seems to be a pin missing between 2 of the 3 main rivers on the gear and if you shake the basket it rattles? I currently have 200rwbhp and 101ft/lbs of torque at 7000rpm.

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
Why would anyone measure HP at 7000 rpm?
likely where peak tq is. my stock motor bike with a muzzy pipe made 100.6 at 7700. now thats its a turbo bike it makes peak tq at 8k and its 184 ft lbs. my alchy bike made peak tq at 9600 (249ft lbs:wink2:) )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts