Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Muzzy used to, I know of at least 1 Arrow crank. why not a weld up?

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
whats that, like a 70 mm crank?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Marine Crank can build you anything you want.. Most likely who built them for Muzzy... Why not cut the middle man out and go direct?

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Marine Crank can build you anything you want.. Most likely who built them for Muzzy... Why not cut the middle man out and go direct?
I actually asked them that not too long ago, they said they didnt do the Muzzy billets:headscratch: sworn to secrecy?:puzzled:

·
Registered
6,306 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
I know Marine builds a lot more than just motorcycle cranks. I have friends that send Billet Hemi cranks to them for repairs and during talks with them they said they could build anything a man wants.. Now getting them to do it may be another story.. I know one other guy that may be able to help with this.. I'll email him and get back to you if he thinks he can help.

·
Registered
48 Posts
hi there

i talked to a guy from Australia or newzealand once at mantorp park in sweden and he had severel cranks made with bigger stroke than muzzys
i will try and see if i can find his mail

cheers lars

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
just a 4.6 (60mm) with carrillos needs a lot of clearancing. the billet muzzy use to have at 62.4 did not allow the use of an onboard starter (not a huge deal on a race bike). but getting into the 68 range, well, dig out the dremmel :)

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
I would go as far as saying "negative" effect. but really we dont know if its a measurable negative till its tried

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
welcome to ont Scott ,see you changed your address over.ya not much grindeing going to use a smaller journal so rod still fits in the cases and with smaller bearing less oil needed. cmg not really sure feel the power drop off and that's were ill rev it maybe 105000 to 11500 cams and head valves will effect the out come. just something to try allways wanted to make a na motor run hard ,im a turbo guy at heart the only way to go built them in the 80s 90s just to easy to make power.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I spoke with a man that builds billet drag cases for fuel and funny bikes about where he gets his cranks built and he said---------------> Marine Crank ... That's about what I figured but hearing it from him was enough to stop me from looking any further.. Good luck.. This guy could build you some billet cases if you really want to rock.... Billet KZ cases are $7,500 just to give you an idea what to expect..And flexing cases equal broken cranks so once a certain power level is reached and it's combined with enough traction you get flex.... These high hp turbo bikes are saved by lack of traction for the most part.. They don't hook hard enough like a Funny Bike or fuel bike to over stress the parts.. Traction locates weak parts.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I spoke with a man that builds billet drag cases for fuel and funny bikes about where he gets his cranks built and he said---------------> Marine Crank ... That's about what I figured but hearing it from him was enough to stop me from looking any further.. Good luck.. This guy could build you some billet cases if you really want to rock.... Billet KZ cases are $7,500 just to give you an idea what to expect..And flexing cases equal broken cranks so once a certain power level is reached and it's combined with enough traction you get flex.... These high hp turbo bikes are saved by lack of traction for the most part.. They don't hook hard enough like a Funny Bike or fuel bike to over stress the parts.. Traction locates weak parts.
yes totally agree with you slingshot ,I can see big powered bikes having the cases move around .ive seen some of the big prostreet busas go threw motors like they need Velcro straps to change them between rounds .some of the big teams cam change 3-4 motors a weekend, kind of like fuel cars.have some one for the crank but need draw up a draft to give me a quote 5 min cranks lets see what happens looks like this project will take some time and great deal of money oh well bin here done it all before .ill keep marine in mind if this dose not pan out. thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts