Kawasaki World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howaye lads, I have a 2003 B2H ZX12r. Full Yoshimura system, p/c with custom map and k&n's. I realise K&N say they are a lifetime filter but after a few years mine look crap so I went looking for an alternative. That's when I discovered BMC filters! They look fantastic however the fitting instructions don't state which way to position the filters. The K&N's say FRONT on them for correct figment but the BMC's have no markings to indicate which way they should be facing.

The only marking on the filter is a yellow stripe across the filter element. I eventually decided to position the yellow stripe to the rear as the filter housing was jagged on that side compared to the other side so I thought it wouldn't make as good a seal on the windward side.

Any feedback from fellow BMC filter fans would be great :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I don't think it matters from new but I would either make a note or mark the filters so that you can put them back in the same way when you take them out....you wouldn't want any trapped dirt/dust to get sucked out of the filter and into the airbox if that makes sense ?.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, good point. The yellow stripe is only on one side so I'll just keep it to the back! They look and fit much better than the K&N's. I'll post the Dyno figures next week.…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts