Votes: 1 33.3%
  • don't care

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 92 zx11c and as the title states, I am not seeing my temp needle move during any run up of the bike. Below is what I did to test

Followed manual for 94 zx11d and it shows brown wire and on the 92 it is a yellow wire that needs to be grounded to frame, it says to engine. Any who...

1.grounded wire and it moved right on up to the H, gauge is okay.:thumbup:
2. replaced fan thermo switch with new one.:thumbup:
3. jumped leads from thermo switch and fan comes on.:thumbup:
4. took apart water pump housing to see water pump work, it does.:thumbup:
5. have power to the instrument panel.:thumbup:
6. did NOT test new thermo switch before putting it in the bike.:banghead:
It was new in box - figured it should work.

Any suggestions as to what might be wrong? Anyone with similar experience?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seeings how no one will answer me I will answer for me. I have noticed that the temp gauge does move up ever so slightly after about 1 or 2 minutes of 1-5k rpm. Now because the water pump is mechanically driven it is pumping all the time.

Here is the real question. How long does it take for all the water in the bike to get up to temp? I am assuming not too long at all, but I am not familiar with Kawasaki engines, so am not sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Temp sender.

Hi.

Have you tried connecting the temperature sender directly to the meter with some wires?

It may be an wiring harness issue or an bad connection somewhere.

The motorcycle engine should warm up in few minutes if the thermostat is working correctly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi.

Have you tried connecting the temperature sender directly to the meter with some wires?

It may be an wiring harness issue or an bad connection somewhere.
No, I have not connected the thermo switch to the gauge directly, nice suggestion, I will definitely look into that.

Thank you for your suggestion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts