Kawasaki World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

If your talking Turbo, I wouldn't know,

But there are other things you can do 'naturally aspirated' , rather than bore the throttle bodies !!!!

Thanx Dave.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
get in touch with Harry Manovich here in On (northerkaw) he does 48s

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
2112 my notes show a considerable increase in power across the entire rev range. With a peak of 10hp. The configuration is 48mm Bear throttle plates and 48mm bear short velocity stacks. There was some swapping of RC370 & Bosch 420s in there as well. Settled on the 420s. The TBs tapper down below the plates.
Definite power increase over the 46s. Hard to quantify the exact improvement because there where other variables in the dyno runs.

cmg

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2112 my notes show a considerable increase in power across the entire rev range. With a peak of 10hp. The configuration is 48mm Bear throttle plates and 48mm bear short velocity stacks. There was some swapping of RC370 & Bosch 420s in there as well. Settled on the 420s. The TBs tapper down below the plates.
Definite power increase over the 46s. Hard to quantify the exact improvement because there where other variables in the dyno runs.

cmg
wow that's some good improvement on 2 mm thanks guys

·
Registered
118 Posts
the bike I had with a 1426 motor picked up 10 hp with the bigger throttle bodies from what i was told when i bought it. dont bother if its a small motor. I have seen 4hp gain on a stock zx14 boring them out to 46mm and up to 14 hp on a 1570 motor with 48mm

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a set that I would sell. Got them from Coby Adams was on a built 1361 motor.no need as I run Letron carbs.Make offer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts