Kawasaki World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey chaps.. advice needed.. 2002 B1 Black and Gold (12,000 miles) original pads and lines..

Doing a brakes overhaul.. keeping standard as much as poss..

Think i will go Carbone Lorraine XBK5's for pads..

Have ordered HEL lines before (for my 9r's) and found their products and service to be excellent.. so will be going with them again .. also get a discount.. so cost aint to bad...

Big question . What bloody colours to go for... :rotflmao: Tart i know..!!

Black lines Gold banjos?
Gold lines Black banjos?
Black lines Silver banjos?
Stainless lines Silver banjos?

Listed in order of my preference... what do you guys think...?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Hey chaps.. advice needed.. 2002 B1 Black and Gold (12,000 miles) original pads and lines..

Doing a brakes overhaul.. keeping standard as much as poss..

Think i will go Carbone Lorraine XBK5's for pads..

Have ordered HEL lines before (for my 9r's) and found their products and service to be excellent.. so will be going with them again .. also get a discount.. so cost aint to bad...

Big question . What bloody colours to go for... :rotflmao: Tart i know..!!

Black lines Gold banjos?
Gold lines Black banjos?
Black lines Silver banjos?
Stainless lines Silver banjos?

Listed in order of my preference... what do you guys think...?

I've used Hell a number of times. Any issues and they just rebuild and send a replacement. Good people, good quality.
All I can say on the colour front is the black doesn't last as long as it might on the banjos. Not so bad that I won't buy more black banjos though, I've no experience of the other colours.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've just ordered some HEL brake lines for mine, the brakes seem fine but there is a bit of travel on the lever which I can live with but I thought sod it and got some ordered. Hopefully it should make them better than they are at the moment. I've gone for black lines with silver stainless banjo's, thought if I went for the gold or black banjo's it won't look right to me and seeing as the standard brake lines are black, that'll do for me.

Black lines Silver banjo's :thumbup:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi Fastaskwak,
My vote (I've got the same color bike but it's an 06)
Stainless lines & Silver banjos:thumbup::thumbup:
Qwik question....
Anyone know the length of the lines on the 12s ???

I recently upgraded from a ZX11:king: (it has brand new braided lines)
and was wondering if I could use them on the 12.
Just trying to save a few bucks and as I wont be riding the 11
for the foreseeable future & I'd hate to see 'em go waste.
Maybe use the saved dollars for a rear hugger for the new Girl :)
Cheers,
Gav

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've always used Hel lines on all my bike as they are great quality and top people to deal with, I have fould that the coloured banjo's do mark easily though so now just go for the plain stainless ones. Bought my last set from a show and got an "Out-Breaking The Law" Tee shirt thrown in

·
Registered
810 Posts
careful those who read the above (length) different on early 6 pot to later 4 pot, also different from stock tokikos to later zx6/14 nissins. (nissins need to be *about* 30-40 mm shorter) just fyi...

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Cheer, Mate. :thumbup::thumbup:
Sorry for the late reply Thegavel , This was measured on the bike and took 2 sets of hands to get the measurements close . one line was 750mm +- and the other was 780mm +- around 10mm , there's plenty of room with them so 10mm shorter / longer will be ok IMO .. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
if they are too short they can catch on the steering stop I think it was Shep that had that.

I went with 2 lines as I found it hard getting a set made up like OEM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts