Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps, I've just bought a pair of rear sets for my bike and they don't have the fitting that the brake light switch fits into. Does anyone have any experience of how to get around this?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
What I did was make a small aluminium bracket which holds the stock switch....

I mounted that bracket using 1 of the 2 spare screw holes shown in the picture, the spring then attached to the rearsets as normal....sorry don't have pictures of the bracket I made but it was just a piece of alumimium angle about 20mmx20mm in size...if your stuck pop over and we can knock 1 up.... ?

·
Super Moderator
1,272 Posts
Or you can buy a hydraulic switch which replaces the brake line banjo bolt

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Put something like this in to ebay search. Hydraulic Brake Pressure Light Switch.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I wouldn't use the hydraulic type myself the ones I fitted to my 650R failed after a few months.....:( dead easy to make a little bracket.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Why worry about it leave it off.. Your front brake will still operate the tail light and you aren't going to be stopping without using the front anyway. Option DELETE!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Guys, I've found a hydraulic switch on ebay for less than £10 delivered so will give it a try and if it's unreliable will sort a bracket like Mauser, need to have it working for the MOT in the UK Slingshot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts