Kawasaki World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front brakes are pulsating hard. I am trying to clean the buttons they do not spin without putting a drill on them.
My question : Is it possible to remove the buttons ? I don't see a retaining clip on these ones. Appreciate any help you can offer thanks.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hey, buttons mean bobbins or disc rivets, am I right? You cant remove them, this is permament type. However brake pulsating can be caused by air in system or used brake pads. My advice is to check this first.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir, yes disc rivets. My vocabulary with bikes is getting better but needs some work lol. Took me a couple of hours but I got the rivets freed up, the rotors were not warped but seized up by the rivets. They are freed now and the rotors are tracking straight. Pads are near end of life, will replace along with stainless brake lines as soon as they arrive. Thank you for your help and advice I appreciate it !

·
Registered
18,665 Posts
My calipers need gone through. I don't want to do it and would like to find someone that is reputable to do it for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts