Kawasaki World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i went out and brought a vacuum bleeder to bleed the brakes. It will be a stiff brake the go soft. i changed the calipers. the brakes pads are new.i have been bleeding these brakes for the last 2hrs. I need HELP please.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It could be. Try the zip-tie method. If you get a nice stiff lever and then it fades away back into mush I would guess that the master needs a rebuild. I might have a good master for a zx9 I would have to look though.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Tap calipers with rubberr mallet to help air trapped come to the top....be patinet it takes time

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I got up this morning to ride to work and as I was riding the brake went soft so
I guess it is the master cylinder

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so today i rebuilt my master cylinder and Im still getting a soft brake when im riding. its hard after bleeding then soft before i make it out the driveway

·
Registered
11 Posts
I read your other post before this one so disregard that answer as I'm now going with the magician above as I had the exact same thing happen to me before and its actually the carriers that get warped rather than the rotors themselves, it pays to clean up the disc bobbins every few months to stop them seizing which causes this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts