Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I got a brand new set of 108mm Brembo Monobloc callipers from a 2018 GSXR 1000. I also bought a brand new set of 2006 ZX12R radial fork bottoms.
Just wanting to know which MC is best? (Assuming brembo is the way to go)
And also where is best to get the 10mm adapters and longer callipers bolts?

I’m based in the UK

Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
Cheers!

I have been checking out that same parts list... Just to clarify.. You bought just the 2006 lower forks and will reuse the fork upper tubes - Correct??

There has been many discussions about what Master Cylinder is the one to use... Because I have a Brembo RCS19 I would use it.

You can find the spacers localy (UK) through Ebay... Here you go, these are Titanium, thats why they are so expencive.. This same Ebay shop also has a wide selection of Bolts, just check out their shop page. Measure the length and size you need and then order... https://www.ebay.com/itm/10mm-Titanium-Spacers-for-Radial-Brake-Calipers-GSXR-R1-R6-ZX6R-ZX10R-CBR/112218269279?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=1&asc=60256&meid=940673a2edc949709b9a3729434f7a52&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=12&mehot=pf&sd=123795872201&itm=112218269279&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

/Tom >:)

·
Super Moderator
1,284 Posts
Probolt website sells the longer caliper mounting bolts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Never have understood why people want to do this. The brakes on the 12r, are more than adequate. Guess if you are just looking for something to do.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Was Kawasaki just looking for something to do in 2004?

Reactions: SteveW

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hey Mate, been using Brembo RCS19 till it start leaking. You can not repair RCS by yourself. Now Im using Beringer BR14 and its very good in my opnion much way better than Brembo.
Its operating on bearings, its cnc machined and You can repair it at home:) Piston is 20,6mm.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Hey Mate, been using Brembo RCS19 till it start leaking. You can not repair RCS by yourself. Now Im using Beringer BR14 and its very good in my opnion much way better than Brembo.
Its operating on bearings, its cnc machined and You can repair it at home:) Piston is 20,6mm.
Tom, can you post a pic of your beringer?
Thanks

cmg

·
Registered
627 Posts
Thanks

cmg
Sorry for quality but is dark out there and have to use flash.
Disadvantage of this MC is red anodizing, it loose color.
Please notice also that brake lines are top mounted.
However I really like it. Using it with four pot Brembo calipers and fully floating cast iron discs (with organic pads).
You can not compare it to stock brake system.

Regards
Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Thanks

cmg
Sorry for quality but is dark out there and have to use flash.
Disadvantage of this MC is red anodizing, it loose color.
Please notice also that brake lines are top mounted.
However I really like it. Using it with four pot Brembo calipers and fully floating cast iron discs (with organic pads).
You can not compare it to stock brake system.

Regards
Tom
Nice. Did you have issues bleeding? I have beringer axial calipers (old style)and cant get the air out. The lever is hard or soft?

cmg

·
Registered
627 Posts
Lever is medium soft, when I compare it to new bikes its soft but feeling and brake power is on a very good level.
Bleeding was pain in a a**. I rebuilt it (whole MC rebuild, bearings, seals change), bleed and tested it few times. I guess its done properly now.
I dont know for sure, but I didnt have any symptoms of air in the brake system.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hi all,

I got a brand new set of 108mm Brembo Monobloc callipers from a 2018 GSXR 1000. I also bought a brand new set of 2006 ZX12R radial fork bottoms.
Just wanting to know which MC is best? (Assuming brembo is the way to go)

I’m based in the UK

Thanks

Which ones are you familiar with?

And also where is best to get the 10mm adapters and longer callipers bolts?
I made my adapters and used the bolts off yellow spot calipers.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Never have understood why people want to do this. The brakes on the 12r, are more than adequate. Guess if you are just looking for something to do.
They're all just posers >:)

Unfortunately, it appears no one here is able to answer that question. Let's give it some time maybe someone actually has an answer but they are just waiting to pounce. Here kitty kitty..........

·
Registered
627 Posts
They're all just posers >:)

Unfortunately, it appears no one here is able to answer that question. Let's give it some time maybe someone actually has an answer but they are just waiting to pounce. Here kitty kitty..........

LOL :grin2: , those six pot tokico calipers were lame in gsxr 750, how Kawasaki could put in to 12...

Anyway it depends on You riding skills and style You ride, for me stock stopping power was not enough.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Tell me the situation in which the stock calipers were not enough for you. I can't wait to hear this, anything short of amateur road racing. Which if you are road racing a 12, you're doing it wrong anyway.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Tom,
You're talking to someone who knows everything about everything...………..except being chill. You are more than gracious calling that dweeb Sir. He has no manners, no tact, no communications skills and above all no ability to listen and learn. Every once in awhile one of these types pops up on here. He's all about himself not our "cult". He'll go away eventually, they always do.

Reactions: SteveW

·
Registered
314 Posts
Pop up here? You two wouldn't know your ass from a hole in the ground. No one was challenging your feeble little minds. I ask a serious question and you decided to get upset because you don't have an honest answer.

So keep putting junk on a zx12r and tell yourself that makes you a better rider. Trailer park pussies.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Tell me the situation in which the stock calipers were not enough for you. I can't wait to hear this, anything short of amateur road racing. Which if you are road racing a 12, you're doing it wrong anyway.
The short comings of the early 6 pot Tokico ZX12R front calipers are well known.
I have rebuilt my own 6 pot calipers several times over the years with limited success.
I mounted a set of radial mount adapter brackets with Nissin 4 pot calipers, and a Nissin radial master cylinder.
The front brake feel, and stopping power improve dramatically over the old units.
Later, having purchased a damaged set of later radial mount caliper forks, I replaced the bent stanchion tube out of the wheel/caliper mount, and fitted the radial mount Nissins.
In my opinion, the radial calipers do have better feel and stopping power, it may be the 6 pots were this good to start with, back in year 2000.

·
Registered
168 Posts
1. Yes my junk is on my 12 every time I ride it.
2. How did you find out where I live.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts